Zen Braided Silk Fly Lines

Cliff

Steelhead
FYI, this past winter I purchased a new braided silk line from Jaime Chriswisser at Zen Outfitters, in Idaho. I've waited to review this line before making a post. I've fished it now a half dozen times and I feel comfortable reviewing it. It's still not totally broken in yet but I'm really happy with it. It's not quite as supple as my Cadno line, but that will come. I just fished Rock Creek and other streams in Montana and I was very happy with it. It's a 6DT but I fished it on an 8642 Special and it worked great. Pickling up line off the water for another cast is effortless, almost like the rod is doing that itself. Jaime sells a grease he calls Snake Oil, but I used my tried and true Otter Butter (the guy who makes Otter Butter is one of Jaime's silk line clients). I'm very happy with this line. Here's the link (I'm not buddie's or anything with Jaime). https://zenoutfitters.com/silk-fly-lines/
And photo attached (sorry for the poor quality).

CliffIMG_0114.JPG

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
FYI, this past winter I purchased a new braided silk line from Jaime Chriswisser at Zen Outfitters, in Idaho. I've waited to review this line before making a post. I've fished it now a half dozen times and I feel comfortable reviewing it. It's still not totally broken in yet but I'm really happy with it. It's not quite as supple as my Cadno line, but that will come. I just fished Rock Creek and other streams in Montana and I was very happy with it. It's a 6DT but I fished it on an 8642 Special and it worked great. Pickling up line off the water for another cast is effortless, almost like the rod is doing that itself. Jaime sells a grease he calls Snake Oil, but I used my tried and true Otter Butter (the guy who makes Otter Butter is one of Jaime's silk line clients). I'm very happy with this line. Here's the link (I'm not buddie's or anything with Jaime). https://zenoutfitters.com/silk-fly-lines/
And photo attached (sorry for the poor quality).

CliffView attachment 71932
Curious about the cost of one of these. The site says to email him about what you want; I don’t see prices.

Cliff

Steelhead
Thanks, guess I didn’t page down far enough. Given that a mass produced plastic line costs half that, it seems reasonable with all the time, materials and craftsmanship involved for a handmade silk line.
I still use plastic lines for certain things, especially deeper trolling, but silk for any moving water, and some high lakes.