YNP and GTNP Fly Fishing Guidebook Recommendations

IHFISH

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Please let me know if you can recommend any guidebooks that would help me make the most of limited fishing time during a family vacation to Grand Teton and Yellowstone during the third week of June. Thanks very much.

Mike Cline

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Islander

Life of the Party
All of the above are great resources, I used the big sky online info and it was very helpful. I also used ‘Catching Yellowstone’s Wild Trout’ by Chris Hunt. He breaks it down by species and has some great info. Let me know a week or so before you travel, as I fish it pretty regularly and can most likely give you some current intel as to what’s fishing well. You plan on lakes, rivers or both? Steve

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
What ever happened to just going out and do your own exploring. Now people want to be pointed to a rock to stand on to catch fish. I really enjoy exploring skinny water. Being on new water to ones self is what fishing is all about. Talk about lazy Americans. (n) (n)

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
What ever happened to just going out and do your own exploring. Now people want to be pointed to a rock to stand on to catch fish. I really enjoy exploring skinny water. Being on new water to ones self is what fishing is all about. Talk about lazy Americans. (n) (n)
You damn kids and your desire to research and learn more! Never change, Jim, you're a treasure!

IHFISH

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I shall be low holed by some angry bison or put my non-felt soled wading boot into a scalding mud pot for my impertinence. And that fate will pale in comparison to what my kids are likely to do to me when they find out about the spotty wifi in the parks.

Islander

Life of the Party
I shall be low holed by some angry bison or put my non-felt soled wading boot into a scalding mud pot for my impertinence. And that fate will pale in comparison to what my kids are likely to do to me when they find out about the spotty wifi in the parks.
Spotty wi-fi, more like no wi-fi and cell service is almost nonexistent. Sorry dude, you’re toast!
That’s why I love it there! 😁