Who will be going out early for the High Cascade hunt?

Smokey Bear

El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity
Forum Supporter
I put in as a second choice and knew the odds were good to get it. Going to use it as a scouting mission for the general western tag. Unless I find something I can’t pass up. Looking forward to get the boots on the ground. Good luck!

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Not a hunter myself, but I always enjoy the reports folks post up of their hunting adventures.
Good luck on your hunt!
SF

Smokey Bear

Forum Supporter
Anyone else also a hunter in here? Getting ready to backpack into a new area next weekend, and looking forward to it. I usually bring a small rod with me, but never end up using it. It will probably stay home this time. And I will probably regret it. Good luck and stay safe out there.

Smokey Bear

Forum Supporter
Archery? I did high cascades archery one season, it was cold, and wet...
Sorry I didn’t reply earlier. I’ll be rifle hunting.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Anyone else also a hunter in here? Getting ready to backpack into a new area next weekend, and looking forward to it. I usually bring a small rod with me, but never end up using it. It will probably stay home this time. And I will probably regret it. Good luck and stay safe out there.
Planning to head into the 336 next week.

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Good luck to all of you & enjoy the experience. At 75, I'm still hunting. Hunting my glasses, keys, wallet, phone . . .

Smokey Bear

Forum Supporter
Good luck to all of you & enjoy the experience. At 75, I'm still hunting. Hunting my glasses, keys, wallet, phone . . .
Thanks! I just love being out and enjoying it all. To harvest some game would be a great bonus.

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I'm getting all excited. Finally got my hunters safety last year at the ripe age of 36. Tried twice before when younger, but work cut me short and couldn't finish it.

Got some boots and goretex today, have to hide that receipt from the wife. Just need a few more odds and ends and I'll be ready. Been amassing stuff over the years in preparation.

Praying beginner's luck applies to a grown dude lol.
Inlaws are back behind Leavenworth a ways, gonna spend a weekend there in october. Or maybe get lucky on my back acreage, they come through from time to time.

Probably won't get anything as everyone else hunts at work, so in the past I cover for them, that won't change and that's fine. But hoping a couple days gets me a shot at something.

Good luck everyone.

Smokey Bear

Forum Supporter
Good luck and stay safe @jact55

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
I'm getting all excited. Finally got my hunters safety last year at the ripe age of 36. Tried twice before when younger, but work cut me short and couldn't finish it.

Got some boots and goretex today, have to hide that receipt from the wife. Just need a few more odds and ends and I'll be ready. Been amassing stuff over the years in preparation.

Inlaws are back behind Leavenworth a ways, gonna spend a weekend there in october. Or maybe get lucky on my back acreage, they come through from time to time.

Probably won't get anything as everyone else hunts at work, so in the past I cover for them, that won't change and that's fine. But hoping a couple days gets me a shot at something.

Good luck everyone.
The one and only deer I have ever shot was in camp, flip flops and a t-shirt. All the girlfriends of the guys there got to watch and scream in horror as I blew Bambis heart up with a broadhead at 30 yards. It was a small "barely" fork horn but I wasnt picky. Im supprised you had to take hunters ed, I never did as an adult. Good luck.

Chadk

Life of the Party
Bring a bit of line and a couple flies. Use a long branch - works fine on small creeks.

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The one and only deer I have ever shot was in camp, flip flops and a t-shirt. All the girlfriends of the guys there got to watch and scream in horror as I blew Bambis heart up with a broadhead at 30 yards. It was a small "barely" fork horn but I wasnt picky. Im supprised you had to take hunters ed, I never did as an adult. Good luck.
I think it's a washington thing. Born after 1972, gotta take it. My brother in Oregon never had to. But now that he moved to Washington, wonder if he has to?

Hoping it's not to cold. Better safe than sorry I guess.

Eventually want to get into bows. My brother is into them.

Sorry for hijacking the alpine thread.
Hope you mountain folks get your tag

Chadk

Life of the Party

Good luck everyone.
I started when I was about 40. So I can relate. Barely squeaked in before the mandatory hunters ed change.