Wallace Falls, to Sky in August?

Mud&$alt72

Just Hatched
Forum Supporter
Hello all, My wife booked our family a few days this August at Wallace Falls campground. I haven't gone near the Sky in years. Has anyone had any experience on the Wallace in that area? Not specifically targeting anything, and I'll no doubt have my 11 year old with me, so stalking weary, elusive giants isn't a priority. Just wondering... Thanks!

speedbird

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Closest thing I have done is fish the Sky in July- plenty of white fish around, as well as large resident trout jumping in rapids. Be warned you are likely to run into unclipped hatchery fish and wild Kings around that time, that’s when they start to spawn

Smalma

Life of the Party
Wallace Falls is an anadromous barrier. Upstream of that falls there are some resident cutthroat (nothing too large). Have not been there in decades but the river above the falls had a trail on the north side and during August the river at that point is just a nice size creek that has a reasonable gradient.

The North of the Wallace joins the main river just below the falls. The first little bit is high gradient but then flattens some. Upstream it flows through two lakes, Wallace lake 2 or 3 miles upstream and Jay like another mile or two. They have cutthroat and some brookies.

curt