They do exist

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Well done Billy!! I hit that mayfly hatch last year - I left my dry flies at home and the fish were looking up 😁

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
When you say “They do exist”, do you mean non-anadromous steelhead? Because those look the part.

Hem

Life of the Party
Nice! Is that the brown with copper bead?
Actually I realized the fly in the pic was my own version of your fly...the water was like glass and very bright out, so I had to fish a lighter,more sparse fly with a slow retrieve. Later in the day the wind picked up and switched to your olive fly with yellow bead. That fly was money on 3 more brookies and 5 rainbows. Your fly is the one above the coin.20221016_093523.jpg

Smith

Steelhead
Every once in awhile you come across the perfect fish day. Hope you enjoy this recap as much as I enjoyed the morning!

It started with an early trek in:View attachment 36353The lake was in great condition to start. First three fish were between 10-13. Did it summer kill? I worked into a shallow bay and then hooked bottom. That doesn't make sense because the bottom is muck. The bottom starts moving. Then all hell breaks loose and I break off on 3x😵 Guess the big ones didn't summer kill. Same bay a short bit later:View attachment 36358Time to play with house money. Big fish mixed with the 10 to 13 inch slot is fun as can be.View attachment 36359I was throwing a small brown/copper bead jig leech until these started popping off:View attachment 36351 Switched to a small jig and went super shallow below an indicator: View attachment 36352The rises seemed small. The fish were not small:View attachment 36357This fish had to have been in about a foot of water when the indicator went nuts and the fish went absolutely bonkers with the hook set: View attachment 36354The lake got more and more gunked up. I couldn't use the indicator anymore and went back to the little brown jig leech. Caught several more smaller fish. Around 1230 I had enough gunk and started thinking it was time to call it. View attachment 36349As I kicked in just after noon I made one last long cast and set the hook into a wall. My guess and I don't think many will believe me is 6 to 7 pounds. The girth was unreal:View attachment 36350Doesn't get much better: Cheers! 🍻
Billy
Unbelievable. Excellent post!