The night before... Can you sleep?

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
So, the last several days have many memories, both new and old.

Since I was a little boy the build up to the opener has always cause excitement, anticipation and joy just thinking of what was to come! It didn't matter if it was raining, blowing, cold, really cold or calm and sunny because it was the time together with friends old and new, it was the stories both of and new and a chance to refresh after winter and a dark season.

Now, on the eve of another season it is the same, so excited my stomach has butterflies, people standing around talking about tomorrow and don't know if I will sleep well... maybe I should just stay up and fish big leeches in the dark by myself (naw getting to old for that and it is cold)

I wish all that are fishing tomorrow a joy and exciting day, no matter what comes to net it hand!

(The view from above the lot tonight)

Photo_6554001_DJI_401_jpg_4153469_0_2022228171150_photo_original.jpg

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
If Burke is frozen I'll see you there. Me and 1 other truck are the only ones at Crescent Bar campground. Nice and quiet. And power. 😁

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Quite often. Especially during a full or new moon cycle where I get a major and a minor during my fishing session getting after tiger muskies...

dep

Steelhead
you guys took all the day parking spots!
good luck today and be safe.
I'll be pulling in Friday morning

dp

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Almost looks like someone wrote a 509 burnout in the parking lot to keep all the 206ers away. ;)
Good luck out there!
SF

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter
For that lake @38 years ago, I used to have sleepless nights. Not so much anymore. Too many people there now.
I know the feeling of excitement though.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Well...where's all the fishing pics?
It was terrible. No fish pics whatsoever. :sneaky:

Great meeting Shawn, Jack, Wayne, Ron and the others. Thanks for the assist Shawn!
And thanks to Ron (don't think he's on here) for letting me keep my Commander chained to his trailer overnight.

BDD

Steelhead
Surprised that after all the pre-opener hoopla, there's not more chatter here two days after.

I admit to still getting excited and not sleeping much before some trips...not all of them but certainly some. Routine trips to local lakes for trout are not the same for me as they were when I was a kid...still enjoy them a lot. But anymore, the anticipation that really gets me going is floating new water in wilderness/solitude for wild salmon, trout, or steelhead that really gets me going. Problem is its getting harder, more time consuming, and more expensive to find that kind of experience.

With that said, I just spent 30 minutes prepping gear for a potential shot at a local lake tomorrow in the evening. I'm excited but I'm sure I'll be able to sleep.

Last edited: