Taking things a little slower

Russell

Steelhead
Well with the lack of ammo right now I thought this impulse purchase would help me slow things down a bit when out having fun target shooting. What a blast to shoot :ROFLMAO:
Love the big smoke clouds with each shot and much easier to load and shoot than I thought it would be. Seems to be a shortage on percussion caps but have managed to find some.
Anyone else shooting black powder on the forum for hunting or fun?
Thought I'd get in a first post here. When looking back on my WFF account, I couldn't believe I had been on there since 2006.
Russell
aka Riffling Hitch

1643574773083.png

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
Black powder is intriguing, but I have so much reloading components collected over the years. I’ll never shoot it all up, especially shotshells. But I’ve always thought a Kentucky rifle would be fun.

B

bennysbuddy

Well with the lack of ammo right now I thought this impulse purchase would help me slow things down a bit when out having fun target shooting. What a blast to shoot :ROFLMAO:
Love the big smoke clouds with each shot and much easier to load and shoot than I thought it would be. Seems to be a shortage on percussion caps but have managed to find some.
Anyone else shooting black powder on the forum for hunting or fun?
Thought I'd get in a first post here. When looking back on my WFF account, I couldn't believe I had been on there since 2006.
Russell
aka Riffling Hitch

View attachment 891
I have a ruger old army in stainless, it's very accurate & fun to shoot, clean up is a bit messy

B

bennysbuddy

Black powder is intriguing, but I have so much reloading components collected over the years. I’ll never shoot it all up, especially shotshells. But I’ve always thought a Kentucky rifle would be fun.
i have built & hunted with a Thompson Center Hawkin kit rifle , dropping a elk with a black powder gun was one of my most remembered hunts. I made everything but the cap & black powder

Russell

Steelhead
I have a ruger old army in stainless, it's very accurate & fun to shoot, clean up is a bit messy
Heard that you just throw the stainless ones in the dishwasher.
Definitely a little more involved tearing down the gun for cleaning and soap and water goes against my instinct. Actually wasn’t hard and dried it in the oven.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
i have built & hunted with a Thompson Center Hawkin kit rifle , dropping a elk with a black powder gun was one of my most remembered hunts. I made everything but the cap & black powder
I built that same gun in 50 Cal.
That was almost forty years ago and I still haven't hunted with it. Fun shooting it though!