Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Those look fun.

singlehandjay

Life of the Party
They are

Jay, you gonna make a Texas Star, too?
I figured I would give him different things every Christmas or for his birthday. Pretty soon he'll have a full blown gallery. Last time I made him a target that was shaped like an oversized ice cream cone and would lay down and stand back up on its own and was also made from AR400. The ones you're talking about are the rolling kind when it's hit? The one with the shapes all pointed the same direction was going to be able to stab into the ground to use like a shooting tree but I didn't care for the lack of stability of it standing up so I just went with 2 horizontal targets

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
That's a cool one. I'll have to throw something like that in the mix
There are several variants of the star. One version has legs of varying lengths , which causes it to go all kinds of crazy when the first or second plate is cleared from it.

Russell

Steelhead
Very cool, love shooting steel targets.
The problem I had with mine was that they would miss the high carbon steel and put holes in the legs and cross pieces.

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
Spinners are super fun to shoot! There would always be a set of those at the NRL long range matches I used to go to when competing. I started out with a 260 Remington then went to a 6mm Dasher, then to a 6.5 Creedmor. Set that sucker out at 300 -400 yards and see how fast you can go through them.