salmon restoration

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
Picture a stand of forest with the finest elk in the world and it’s a closed system. Every grocery store in the land has this elk for sale and people love it. The elk population is in trouble and scientists are crawling around in the forest counting pinecones, studying everything to try and figure out why the elk aren’t doing well. Billions are spent on improving every aspect of this elk’s habitat. The population continues to decline and the grocery stores and restaurants continue to sell it and its price continues to climb.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Picture a stand of forest with the finest elk in the world and it’s a closed system. Every grocery store in the land has this elk for sale and people love it. The elk population is in trouble and scientists are crawling around in the forest counting pinecones, studying everything to try and figure out why the elk aren’t doing well. Billions are spent on improving every aspect of this elk’s habitat. The population continues to decline and the grocery stores and restaurants continue to sell it and its price continues to climb.

That's why I only by Alaska sockeye that are essentially caught in terminal fisheries. If nothing else I know there was little to no by-catch.. better yet when I get moved back I'll be supplying my own fresh salmon.
I encourage everyone to go catch their own hatchery coho if they want to eat salmon.