Roll Top Desks FYI Olympia area

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Nice - That one with the 4 drawers for $150 could probably be configured to hold a decent amount of tying materials. Maybe not an OCD hoarders amount like some of us here (myself included). But the normal amount that someone early on in their tying career might have.

Haggis57

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Yeah, those are both nice sizes for fly tying. I'm using one very similar to smaller one and supplement it with a separate, wheeled drawer unit. Compact enough that I can (am allowed to) keep it in a corner of the living room - the roll top hides the mess nicely!
Ken

1 20230310.jpg

RCF

Life of the Party
Nice - That one with the 4 drawers for $150 could probably be configured to hold a decent amount of tying materials. Maybe not an OCD hoarders amount like some of us here (myself included). But the normal amount that someone early on in their tying career might have.

I prefer what @Haggis57 did. More legroom is a bonus and also more comfortable.

Need more storage? Get a bigger roll-around drawer unit. LOL

Mike Monsos

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Are you happy with the rolling drawered cabinet? Can you tell me the brand or store you got it at?

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
Yep. They looked to be well made and cared for

Haggis57

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Are you happy with the rolling drawered cabinet? Can you tell me the brand or store you got it at?
The second picture with the multiple units is actually lifted from the Home Depot website - I'm not that brave!! I couldn't see any manufacturer's markings on my unit but all the details look identical to the Adeptus details on the Home Depot site. Adeptus has a website as well. I bought my unit second hand in southern BC.

Yeah the cabinet is good for the purpose. It seems ideal for fly tying materials, sewing materials, craft storage. It is solid wood construction - pine I think - which seems to be a rarity now for massed produced furniture. Decent fit and finish. I like the fact that the drawers are wider than they are deep although Walmart has an Adeptus model with longer narrow drawers.

Ken

Mike Monsos

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Thanks Ken, you're right about cabinets of solid wood are hard to find without breaking the bank. I'll see if these are still solid wood and fit the budget. Thanks!