Road trip with daughter- Eastern WA suggestions?

Travis Bille

I am El Asso Wipo!!!!!
Forum Supporter
I've got a family reunion in Winthrop the last week of June. I'm pretty sure I'm going to take the previous week off an road trip up through Central Oregon with my 11 year old girl and spend a few days at my old favorite haunts near Bend, such as East and Crane Prarie. We'll most likely be dragging the drift boat along.

Now, it's been so long since I fished Eastern WA that I could use some pointers and suggestions. I've most experienced with Lake Lenice back when it was super badass. That's obviously not going to work with a drift boat. So I'm looking for some other suggestions.

It's been a long time since I went to Dry Falls. Can you launch a drift boat there? Does anyone have other suggestions for a good, non-secret (although definitely PM me your secret lakes if you want!!), drift boat launchable lake that might be fun for an 11 year old? This 11 year old loves to fish, both fly and spin.

What's Omak lake like that time of year? I know with the size of the lake and the wind that's maybe not a great one for a drift boat, but I've wanted to just check that lake out forever.

Any tips or suggestions are very much appreciated! Thanks!

TB

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I've got a family reunion in Winthrop the last week of June. I'm pretty sure I'm going to take the previous week off an road trip up through Central Oregon with my 11 year old girl and spend a few days at my old favorite haunts near Bend, such as East and Crane Prarie. We'll most likely be dragging the drift boat along.

Now, it's been so long since I fished Eastern WA that I could use some pointers and suggestions. I've most experienced with Lake Lenice back when it was super badass. That's obviously not going to work with a drift boat. So I'm looking for some other suggestions.

It's been a long time since I went to Dry Falls. Can you launch a drift boat there? Does anyone have other suggestions for a good, non-secret (although definitely PM me your secret lakes if you want!!), drift boat launchable lake that might be fun for an 11 year old? This 11 year old loves to fish, both fly and spin.

What's Omak lake like that time of year? I know with the size of the lake and the wind that's maybe not a great one for a drift boat, but I've wanted to just check that lake out forever.

Any tips or suggestions are very much appreciated! Thanks!

TB
It's not too far from Winthrop to a well-known fly fishing only lake that sort of rhymes with the name of the most famous Wookie. I went there once the week of June 6th and had a great time. I hope that is helpful in some way and that you and your 11 year old have a fan-dang-tastic time.

Travis Bille

I am El Asso Wipo!!!!!
Forum Supporter
It's not too far from Winthrop to a well-known fly fishing only lake that sort of rhymes with the name of the most famous Wookie. I went there once the week of June 6th and had a great time. I hope that is helpful in some way and that you and your 11 year old have a fan-dang-tastic time.
Very helpful! Where are you located again? Maybe we could meet up

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
If you don’t mind variety, many of the lakes around Potholes hold multiple species, including the big reservoir itself.
SF