Rio predator fly line

CRequa

Steelhead
Is anyone fishing this line? Thinking of spending the 99$ to throw it on my sage vxp 890 4 to throw poppers, was wondering what everyone thought of pairing the two

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Is anyone fishing this line? Thinking of spending the 99$ to throw it on my sage vxp 890 4 to throw poppers, was wondering what everyone thought of pairing the two
I would spend the 30 dollars more or whatever to go with the SA Bass line homie

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
while i really liked the taper (and I actually LOVE SA's textured lines), it had too much memory for our slightly cooler westside bass waters. So I ended up with the Titan Taper, which I think is very similar if not the exact same?

CRequa

Steelhead
Have seen u say that before just limited to one shop out here and they had the predator on the wall, guess i can just order it and work on my patience

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Can’t say specifically on the Rio line you mentioned, but it is worth searching this form and on the web about the durability of their lines.
SF

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
The rio predator is a great line. It casts very well. Not sure if I just got lucky on the rod line pairing, but I really like it. Doesn't coil and tangle like some of the other rio lines, and can easily be thrown out long distances.

I'm using the H/I/3 I believe. Sink rate is as expected.

That said, you can't go wrong with the titan taper - they are great lines too.