Repairing Large crack in SA Infinity fly line

speedbird

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Wrapped my tippet around this in a bad cast, and somehow cut it trying to undo the knot. Is she done for? Would hate to need a new fly line when I’ve yet to hook a fish with this one!
IMG_4636.jpeg

flybill

Life of the Party
You could also glue it down.. wrap with thread or even fishing line and lightly coat it with aquaseal or epoxy..

Weld it or splice it

Or take it back to the shop and see if they can help you out... and of course, you could just buy a new line.. which I get is expensive, but still would be worth it in the long run..

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I recently repaired one of my full sink lines after somehow burying the point of a barbless hook in the coating; somehow the hook tore the coating and exposed the core (don't ask). I hung the damaged line between two jury rigged pillars so the line was fairly taut and the damaged section at the forefront. I wrapped the damaged section back in place with 70 denier tying thread, including a few millimeters on either end of the tear. After tying off the thread and cutting the tag off I coated the thread with Knot Sense (UV) and cured it. The Knot Sense is thick enough so I could shape a taper but not so thick to make a huge bump in the line and it's holding up just fine. Good luck.

Draketake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Shoe goo, Aqua Seal, E6000 or any other similar silicone.

Shoe Goo-ed a brand new 3 weight, DT, Cortland Line, 20 years ago. Its still going strong. The little, curious, lovable, Kitty who started the mess,......poor gal has been gone about 10 years.

Happy Holidays.

Bob

speedbird

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Maybe a loop to loop is an option?
A loop to loop between the break?

I actually received this line for free when I bought my 8 weight rod and reel from my local fly shop. Kinda thinking about cutting it at the break, tying a loop, and buying a set of sink tips and making my own versitip line. I have no idea how it would change the casting though

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
A loop to loop at the break if it's at a spot that is normally outside the rod tip when casting. Then you could loop on opst heads or sinking line for trolling.