Quick trip chasing smallmouth

WindKnot

Steelhead
Had a few hours off yesterday and headed to a spot to look for some smallmouth. Rain was off an on, and fishing seemed a bit slow, but connected with some decent fish at consistent intervals to keep it fun. Tried a handful of things, but all fish came on an unweighted white wooly bugger with a little red in it fished on a sink tip line at 5-10 feet deep. Biggest fish was just under 18" on my float tube apron. Put up quite the fight on my 5wt, always amazes me how powerful these fish are.

IMG_2652.jpg
IMG_2662.jpg
IMG_2685.jpg
IMG_2674.jpg

WindKnot

Steelhead
I've found a few good largemouth in there too over the years @Rob Allen ... and a bunch of other fun warm water species. Even caught a sculpin on a jig leech in there once, a first on a fly rod for me.

Jim in Anacortes

Life of the Party
Wow! I don't believe that Smallmouth Bass fishing gets much better then that. The photos are quite remarkable. They show the environment and simultaneously allow the viewer to fully appreciate the sheer beauty of these fish. Smallmouth Bass truly deserve a moment for us to admire there "markings" and powerful fighting skills, before letting their little angry asses off the hook to swim away with a bad attitude.