Outcast Striker Anchor System

Rshort

Freshly Spawned
Hi!

I have an Outcast Striker with an electric motor on the motor mount. This is used on lakes. I am wondering how to include a anchor system on the Striker without loosing the use of the electric motor?

Thanks for the help.

Ron

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Hi Ron,
I have this

Goplus Boat Motor Bracket, Anti-rust Motor Mount Support Kit for Canoe Boat L-shaped Motor Holder​

It's no longer available on Amazon, but it works well. Here's all it is:
1647563346803.png

Here it is on the back of my Striker, but it also works on the side. I use mine on the John Day River since the lower float has slack runs that are 1/2 mile long. So I wanted it on the side since I wanted the anchor to be the only thing in the back.
20200619_171257_HDR.jpg

I just use straps and a Scotty mount to keep it in place. It sort of hangs on the Scotty mount that is attached using the Outcast mounts (IGS). It works much better than I thought it would. Good luck!

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Not sure what you mean by "tube mount", but if the Striker is setup in normal 2-man mode then anchor is on the stern, where the IGS mount is like in this pic:
AnchorTake1.jpg

If the Striker is in 1-man mode, the bow becomes the stern so I have the NRS anchor like this: 20220316_225144.jpg

In this particular pic, I also have the Scotty anchor up front (the old bow, new stern) for a lake setup for double anchoring to fish indicators.

In either case, I can have the motor mount on the side, back by the driver's seat. I don't have a pic of that, but it works well.

Thanks,
Stacy

Rshort

Freshly Spawned
Ok, got it. Tube mount was referring to the Goplus Boat motor mount with a anchor line break that you sent in the other fly fishing forum site. This is exactly what I am looking for. My Striker is set up for 2 person and to fish lakes. My river rowing days are over.

Thank for the help.

Ron