Lone Report

Mukman

Life of the Party
Got on the water about 11:00, and dragged my damn boobies all over the water for a few hours. Only picked up three, lost a few more. Had my chiro rig ready to go, but just couldn't bring myself to stop moving. Talk back at the launch was mixed - some were talking about a good day with black balanced leeches under indicators, others not so good. They may be honest men, but I just can't say. Some of you might be reading this, so please share.

Good part about the day is a buddy came with me, and it was his first time fishing still water. Despite being a slow day for us, it's always good to introduce someone to the zen experience of being on the water.

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
Yeah or thereabouts, it was 46/47 based on my hummingbird temp reading which is 2 degrees off from my buddy Treefrog’s so could’ve been colder. My legs were very cold for a while even after getting out. Looking forward to 56+ and they’ll really come off. There was a hatch of sz 30 black gnats, sporadic but around and saw maybe 20 rises away from the ducks or flying geese shitting onto the water…..

Dave

dep

Steelhead
I fished Lone last Saturday. arrived later than I would like to have (only one ferry running) and then ran into a buddy who I hadn't seen for a few years. he is/was a regular on the "other" Forum. so we caught up and I went fishing. only on other boat on the water until about 3:00 when I few other boats came out - but not many people at all.
It was a nice day to drag some flies around, but I did not get one bump. I switched up a few times, but nothing.
Usually this lake gives me some love - but not on Saturday.
Great day to be on the boat and work out the kinks though.

dp

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
I fished Lone last Saturday. arrived later than I would like to have (only one ferry running) and then ran into a buddy who I hadn't seen for a few years. he is/was a regular on the "other" Forum. so we caught up and I went fishing. only on other boat on the water until about 3:00 when I few other boats came out - but not many people at all.
It was a nice day to drag some flies around, but I did not get one bump. I switched up a few times, but nothing.
Usually this lake gives me some love - but not on Saturday.
Great day to be on the boat and work out the kinks though.

dp
I question whether you're a real fisherman. Not because of the outing, but because a proper fisherman loves to tell lies.

dep

Steelhead
just like most of the guys on this Forum - you have good days, so-so days and then days where it is WTF.
I was just glad to get on the water and enjoy the sun.
we have all caught tons of fish in our life times.
I only brag about my salmon catches

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I’ve been fishing alone now for many years, even pre selective water classification and I have never been skunked on the lake. That is until mid January when I fished it. I hooked four and missed a couple more takes, but never put a fish in the net.
Granted, I also spend a good portion of the morning on the bank with back spasms. Overall a great day :)