Interesting boat/hydrofoil/tech profile: Navier

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
yea, they will definitely have a market on the Sound among the upscale...commuting without chop pound alone a plus. The entire E-industry, however, needs that next quantum leap in battery technology to truly pencil out.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Saw that a Couple days ago and thought somebody took the fuselage from the space shuttle and turned it into a hydrofoil.

So, with the moniker of Electric Fast Foil Ferry, do we tell commuters to "Get Effed" ?

Reactions: NRC

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
Jeez, it sure seems like a floating log or other debris would crash these hydrofoils. They used to run one up to Vancouver Island...I wonder if it was reliable?
Full disclosure, in a past line of work I was lightly affiliated with that effort, but I’ve since changed jobs. So I don’t want to say too much or get into evangelizing the design. But you’re totally right that underwater collisions are a big concern. That article or another Kitsap Transit article on the project addresses some of the safeguards in the design.

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Boeing had a prototype in the 70's, I remember seeing it a few times out and about.