Hotreelz of Burien repaired St. George!

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
I just finished repairing this badly abused little St. George jr. I bought it from the big auction site for $50! The guy was selling it for parts and only two others bidding on it. The spool is worth more than that. I used a piece of 6061 aluminum and hacked and filed for days……and days. I had a brass ring with the exact same diameter as the original crushed agate/bezel instead of replacing the entire agate guide. JB Weld’d the pieces back together, I left them a little lumpy for strength as the first attempt I sanded too much off for looks, lost the strength. But hey….it’s fishable again!

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
Hey thanks Mark. I call it being cheap…..unreal prices for vintage Hardy’s! Glad I bought mine years ago when they were more reasonable.

Tim Cottage

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Nice going Steve
How to take a totally mangled reel and turn it into a much less mangled and totally usable reel.

BigSplashTom

Steelhead
Today we fished a high elevation drive to lake….7 bows and 7 brookies to net with a lot of misses. All on dries with my 5’5” Hotrod and the St. George jr. One hot fish almost made it to the 8” of backing left on the reel….sure sounded great!
Understatement, "sure sounded great!" That was pure music slightly interrupted by your WaaaHooos!
We fished until stars filled the sky and temps dropped into too dang cold. I fished the first bamboo rod off the bench yesterday and completely struggled with hookups. C&R 4 brookies and missed so many strikes. Redo rod casts nicely but think I need to work on some hook setting timing issues with the rod or possibly new glasses. Yikes.