Gotta find another birthday lake…

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
For the last several years I’ve gone to Chopaka for my birthday. I’ve had some epic experiences there but this year will be my last. I hoped the big Seven-oh would be another great one. My dear wife suggested she and our pup should join me. I said, he’ll yeah! The plan was I would fish a while and they would hike and play. They did better than I did. Two solid hours of cast and strip with only one 10 inch plant to the net. As you all know the road to the lake is a ball buster. So after the big disappointment I bailed, had lunch with my girls and we left. The best part was having them there. I got Maya to try swimming as she hasn’t yet. She’s timid and unsure but paddled a bit and we’ll do more again. So it wasn’t a total bust, in fact it was really nice having them both there. So knowing what’s really important hit home and it was nice. I love my partners more than fishing.

Chadk

Life of the Party
For the last several years I’ve gone to Chopaka for my birthday. I’ve had some epic experiences there but this year will be my last. I hoped the big Seven-oh would be another great one. My dear wife suggested she and our pup should join me. I said, he’ll yeah! The plan was I would fish a while and they would hike and play. They did better than I did. Two solid hours of cast and strip with only one 10 inch plant to the net. As you all know the road to the lake is a ball buster. So after the big disappointment I bailed, had lunch with my girls and we left. The best part was having them there. I got Maya to try swimming as she hasn’t yet. She’s timid and unsure but paddled a bit and we’ll do more again. So it wasn’t a total bust, in fact it was really nice having them both there. So knowing what’s really important hit home and it was nice. I love my partners more than fishing.
What day is your birthday? Mine is the 9th. One son is the 8th and another the 13th.

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Sounds like a day well-spent to me! Happy Birthday!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
HBd!!!

glad it wasn't a total bust....

as Scott stated, there are lots of birthday lakes!

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
RL if your luck is anything like mine, it came on as you were headed back down 🤠
I'll wish ya the HB in person!

Xoxo

Happy Birthday Roper! Sounds like you still had a really nice birthday!

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter

Had not seen this, happy belated birthday!! Sounds like it turned out pretty nice. Amazing how the right company can salvage things.

Sláinte