Glass cherry

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I’ve been more and more interested in slower rods lately. Pretty excited to get this on the water. Was going to get it on a small stream today, but the air quality canceled a family backpacking trip to a favorite small stream.

It’s a 885 Livingston Western Glass rod that I picked up used (looks unused).

Looks like I’m allowed to go attend the grass and glass event on the Met this year (if it’s happening) ;)
CB2CE519-8ED1-4E1B-A30C-071A5E0994AC.jpeg

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
We should do our own grass and glass here in Portland. Just don’t tell Clarkman. It’ll take all day just to help him unload.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I’m in. Just say when. Very interested in a smallie glass rod. BAG 8’ 7wt?
That's what I use. Plus a few others. I'll actually use that 7wt BAG for everything from a trout streamer rod to smallies to winter steelhead. Bends on little fish and has junk in the trunk for larger fish.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
That's what I use. Plus a few others. I'll actually use that 7wt BAG for everything from a trout streamer rod to smallies to winter steelhead. Bends on little fish and has junk in the trunk for larger fish.

Slippery slope.🤦‍♂️

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Slippery slope.🤦‍♂️
Yep.

If you want to know a little glass secret, the Berkely Gowdy models are also kick ass smallie rods that can usually be had for around $100. 7'6" and 8' 6/7 are both excellent as is a little 6'3" 6wt.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
We should do our own grass and glass here in Portland. Just don’t tell Clarkman. It’ll take all day just to help him unload.
I'd be down for that any day as long as it's not Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday or every third Tuesday.

seriously though, that would be fun....

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Yep.

If you want to know a little glass secret, the Berkely Gowdy models are also kick ass smallie rods that can usually be had for around $100. 7'6" and 8' 6/7 are both excellent as is
I'd be down for that any day as long as it's not Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday or every third Tuesday.

seriously though, that would be fun....
I can do an afternoon/evening pretty much any day of the week—I work east coast hours.