Frigid Hoh!

She was cold to us and didn’t put out. Handful of whitefish and a couple short lived tugs… but beautiful!! Over two full days we covered basically Millers Crossing down a bit past Nolan’s Bar. Flows were a tad high as it ranged from a low 2500 > 3100 feet during our adventure. Saw lots of wildlife mostly at dawn and dusk, two healthy herds of elk, river otters, coyotes, etc.

IMG_3896.jpegIMG_3902.jpegIMG_3914.jpeg

Don’t really steelhead as much anymore. Brought out some old friends for this adventure. Used the switch and single hander the most. I need to practice the longer rod some 😞. Gonna try to do a couple March day trips and focus on using the Switch. Think I have it dialed in and it’s a fun and easy set up.

IMG_3916.jpeg

Came home with a frozen core and aching lower back from all the walking and wading on river rocks. We fished some from the boat (where we legally could, Oxbow being the pivot point) but 75% was on foot. The heated seat and warm temps in my 5 + hour drive home did little to warm me up. Hot shower and a good meal hit the spot. Seared Bay and lemon pepper seasoned wild sockeye salmon with a light coat of tarter and fresh squeezed lemon, mushroom parmigiana risotto, paprika roasted cauliflower and light salted/lemon asparagus. I slept really good that night. 😴

IMG_3917.jpeg

Last edited: