Forum name change

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
We have decided to change the forum name from cast and blast to hunting.

I don't think we ever had a true cast and blast type report😁

Hopefully as we get closer to fall we have an increase in hunting related posts and reports. I for one am counting the days till elk season.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
"Cast and Blast" was just a carryover from the old site. And I don't know how many actual cast/blast reports we ever had there either.

Hunting is a much better name.

RCF

Life of the Party
We have decided to change the forum name from cast and blast to hunting.

I don't think we ever had a true cast and blast type report😁

Hopefully as we get closer to fall we have an increase in hunting related posts and reports. I for one am counting the days till elk season.
Perfect! 👍

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
I liked Cast And Blast; such a colorful, descriptive, and entertaining phrase. I suppose you'll be getting rid of Gear-Fishing Dirt Bags next? Oh, the woke; it hurts!

Last edited:

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I liked Cast And Blast; such a colorful, descriptive, and entertaining phrase. I suppose you'll be getting rid of Gear-Fishing Dirt Bags next? Oh, the woke,; it hurts!
If someone posts an actual cast and blast report, maybe we can reconsider. We don't want to be posers.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
@Evan B,@Billy , @Josh Does changing the name to hunting have a positive search engine effect?
Short answer: Who fucking knows? Google works hard to keep it's magic a mystery.

Long answer: It probably does in that it is more descriptive of what gets talked about in the forum. If someone is looking for PNW hunting info, they aren't searching "PNW cast and blast". And at the very least, it's clear right away to any new user that finds themselves on the site. There's no confusion about if folks talk about hunting here.