Farewell to Plug Ugly in LaConner

@Dryflyphotography

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Plug Ugly in LaConner is closing. I believe the owner will be taking most of his remaining inventory down to the upcoming National Lures Fishing Collector show next weekend in Portland. I will miss that old shop, even the little dog that tries to act so menacing when I step in to look around for any fun old fly reels and bamboo rods to look at, consider buying, and then typically heading along empty handed to meet my wife at another shop down the block. Goodbye and thanks for many entertaining visits along with providing me with my first bamboo rod project, a 9050 Granger Aristocrat that needed a few wraps replaced which launched a fascinating education for me on matching original silk wraps.

Dave Westburg

Fish the classics
Forum Supporter
Sorry to hear they are closing. I looked long and hard at a couple Steve Gobin bamboo rods the last time I was there.

Tim Cottage

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Yesterday I attended a virtual zoom meeting of bamboo rod makers. Steve was among the attendees along with a couple of makers from this forum and others from around the globe. So I can report that Steve seems to be still alive and well. Still making rods and tying flies.