Dept. of Ecology declares drought emergency for most of Washington state

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
While it may be true, the loudest are rarely the most informed...
But alas-
- your 25th booster shot is ready (for kids also, crazy)
- every war fought from Vietnam on was based on lies and purely for profit.
- that Fisa bill just got more life. Constitution is worthless now.
-do they even hide insider trading?
-I can add maybe around 8345 more things

So while those are loud are generally dumb (me included? Maybe)
Until the government gives even an inkling as to why to be trusted....
well they shouldn't be...

Sorry for probably getting this thread closed pretty quick.
You have every right to your opinion, and government has indeed done plenty to destroy trust. But I think this discussion continues to be civil and thoughtful.

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
While it may be true, the loudest are rarely the most informed...
But alas-
- your 25th booster shot is ready (for kids also, crazy)
- every war fought from Vietnam on was based on lies and purely for profit.
- that Fisa bill just got more life. Constitution is worthless now.
-do they even hide insider trading?
-I can add maybe around 8345 more things

So while those are loud are generally dumb (me included? Maybe)
Until the government gives even an inkling as to why to be trusted....
well they shouldn't be...

Sorry for probably getting this thread closed pretty quick.
'I see that this discussion of drought in WA is degenerating into culture war flaming. Here, let toss in a few random unrelated culture war talking points to feed the flames.'

Sheesh.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Guy Gregory

Semi-retired
Forum Supporter
Cliff Mass should be in the same category as Covid on this board. IMHO it should be forbidden...
No, his blog points should not be banned from discussion, and he of course has a perspective and a background. His thoughts on water supply are quite valuable especially to western WA and should be open to discussion.

Banned? No. Immune from criticism? No.

RCF

Life of the Party
I respect your opinion. May not be mine, but it is respectful. That is what discussions are all about...

The way they should be. Respectful...

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
His thoughts on water supply are quite valuable especially to western WA and should be open to discussion.

I’m not so sure his thoughts on water supply in the subject post are too valuable, though. The rivers he cited as having flows predicted to sustain through this Fall are not Westside Rivers. Only a few Westside rivers have managed reservoirs, and most of those are used to impound and export drinking water—not support flows for diversion and irrigation. And there are is a lot more irrigated Ag, a lot more interruptible water right holders, and a lot more over-appropriated basins with dwindling snowpacks over here than you might realize.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Cliff Mass is at it again! Taunting us about cool spring weather and mountain snow in late April and early May.

This guy needs to be put in drought re-education camp 😠

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Cliff Mass is at it again! Taunting us about cool spring weather and mountain snow in late April and early May.

This guy needs to be put in drought re-education camp 😠

Choose your climate Messiah.. But choose wisely. For the future of mankind depends on it and your eternal soul.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
I think Mass is right that this late season snow is not that out of the ordinary. A more significant aspect of this snow is how much does it add to the seasonal accumulation total? It is that annual total that water managers have to estimate in order to decide how much water is available for reservoir refill for M&I water supply, irrigation, and hydropower. I seem to remember when dealing with Seattle City Light that for planning purposes they didn't count on any significant accumulation after March 31. Not because it doesn't snow after that date, but because the amount of snow after that date just doesn't add much in the way of acre-feet of runoff for reservoir refill. And reservoir refill is just about the most important thing in the world of water resource managers.