Dad’s Herter is revived.

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
The Herters I posted about and the 1495 Medalist is fishing again. Two days ago we were at Lost Lake and I brought the rod and reel with new backing and DT6W line. I tied a chironomid under an indicator and had at it. A missed takedown and an O&O was the start. @Irafly had worked up a zone and helped me out. He tied a smaller chromy and had me cast along his line. He called a possible just as the indicator went down. Yes! Fish on! The first that setup has seen in decades. The rod handled the Brookie just fine and it was quickly in the net. Another cast and a Bow was in the net. The next one was bigger and badder and broke me off, dang. I’m thrilled to have this rod and reel and have it catching fish again, big thanks to Ira.

I’ve wondered were to place Dads ashes, now I have just the spot…

0281C2E0-D3E9-4F96-9281-8A33CE273656.jpeg8639F1FC-712D-428D-8FF6-6A46DDD2FB04.jpeg3D055BEA-867B-4CF3-A6C5-B44C980D39C6.jpeg

@Dryflyphotography

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Nothing quite like the feel of a hefty trout diving and seeing your bamboo rod bend way way way down with it, feeling the bend into the grip. Makes you feel like the old rod is back where it belongs. Kudos!

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
That is so awesome. Love to see those old rods get back out.