Canyon Vibes...

M2Wvii7.jpg

found a few of these...
42kCuoZ.jpg

I couldn't find a short-fin grayling willing to hit the bottom of my net...one pod I found, I hooked 6 and landed zero...:rolleyes:

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
Enjoying that nice weather I see. Looks nice!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
what you don't see is the ice in my guides from the morning....27. it was 56 when I left.

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
what you don't see is the ice in my guides from the morning....27. it was 56 when I left.
I hear ya! Chilly mornings, then warming up. Did the bite start after the ice melted out of the guides?

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I hear ya! Chilly mornings, then warming up. Did the bite start after the ice melted out of the guides?
it was best before the sun hit the water, died down a bit, then picked back up after a couple of hours & was consistent the rest of the day. poor fish finally got used to having the sun right in their eyes.

As per normal winter conditions, they were podded up so if nothing happened within several drifts, I was moving on. I never got around to fishing streamers, so can't speak to that.

It was great though, once things slowed down was the perfect time for a breakfast beer...

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
God I love a breakfast beer! It’s nice when that sun warms up the bones. Sounds like a good day.