Blue ribbon bluegill lake....

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
I fished a C&R lake south of me today that was recently stocked with rainbows and cutts.....3/5 on trout, one crappie and 48 bluegills. Very disappointing, I didn’t go there for bluegills. But, they were feeding on the surface so I sight cast with a foam ant on Frankenkara. It was fun but horribly overpopulated for a once awesome trout lake.

FishyJere

Nee Jerry Metcalf
Forum Supporter
They used to be pretty good sized and quite scrappy, what is the problem?

WonderBrad

Steelhead
I've been looking for a good bluegill lake. I would love to know where your blue ribbon lake is. Maybe a group of determined anglers could go thin the population..

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
I've been looking for a good bluegill lake. I would love to know where your blue ribbon lake is. Maybe a group of determined anglers could go thin the population..

I wish we could have a fish fry at the boat launch, unfortunately you have to release everything. Before 2009 it was regular limit lake which kept the fish/bug ratio in check....my .02

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
Steve, also wondering if warmer temps/conditions in the last couple of seasons have given rise to some of that...the prolonged algae and what not, seems the signs are there. Last couple times to western WA I was hoping to get a break from the Ohio swampiness and its overload of crappie and bluegill. Nope.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
"I get no respect, no respect I tell 'ya."
20221002_rodneyfish.jpg
Actually I'm not sure what it is, but sunfish pull hard.

Attachments

• 1664737785329.png
    1664737785329.png
    225.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: