Blockage on the Sol Duc

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
I've been wondering why I haven't been seeing any boats and found out yesterday.

There is full width blockage on the hatchery drift on the SolDuc at Lower Connelly's (about mid way between the hatchery and takeout at Maxfield).

There is a notice by the launch at the hatchery but it's a paragraph in tiny font on an otherwise blank sign that I'd probably drive right by in the low light of an early launch. The notice says the tree is blocking the full river and is a difficult portage. There is no fishing from boats on this section so guide traffic was already light which might delay clearing.

Take care out there.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
I've been wondering why I haven't been seeing any boats and found out yesterday.

There is full width blockage on the hatchery drift on the SolDuc at Lower Connelly's (about mid way between the hatchery and takeout at Maxfield).

There is a notice by the launch at the hatchery but it's a paragraph in tiny font on an otherwise blank sign that I'd probably drive right by in the low light of an early launch. The notice says the tree is blocking the full river and is a difficult portage. There is no fishing from boats on this section so guide traffic was already light which might delay clearing.

Take care out there.
Thanks. Heading out that direction next weekend, appreciate you sharing this.