Bass lines??

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
I have always made do with whatever lines I get for free and they are never ideal .

I want to fish big streamers for smallies on the Columbia out of my boat. I want to fish an 8wt I want to fish my retrieves fast from 5 to 15 feet deep and I'm not interested in waiting a minute for it to sink. Has to be SA, Rio or airflo.

I know these are things that fly lines don't naturally do but what's been the best you have found. I am lazy an intolerant of being patient, I wanna cover water like I can with a crankbait.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Rob, I'd look at the streamer lines from Airflo. I'm partial t the Streamer Max Short cause it's one backcast and fire away and then fish it....If you need to get a little deeper, I'd be looking at any of the other 30' shooting head fast sinking type lines (or, just wait several extra seconds with the Streamer Max Short).

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I've got two sonars on order.. getting them free, we'll see if they'll do what I need.
Which ones? At least you are still on your “free fly lines” streak; better deal than I can manage for sure.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
that sonar Titan is a sweet line. I use that for tigers and some for bass too.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Okay. I was just using it as an example of an early, sorta crude commercially available deep fishing fly line.
Well, my goal it to make my bass fly fishing as close to gear fishing as possible. Some might say crude would be appropriate:)

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Well, my goal it to make my bass fly fishing as close to gear fishing as possible. Some might say crude would be appropriate:)
You still gotta cast that stuff out there somehow though! Might as well make that part as enjoyable as possible. It is supposed to be one of the cool things about choosing to fly fish, right?

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
You still gotta cast that stuff out there somehow though! Might as well make that part as enjoyable as possible. It is supposed to be one of the cool things about choosing to fly fish, right?
Let's hope my arm can handle it. Arthritis sucks.