Bamboo Spey rod

flybill

Life of the Party

I'm going to get one of these rods, have talked with David recently and will get a 13' rod.. his work is beautiful..

I'm going with a semi-parabolic taper and considering a burnt finish.

Does anyone have one of his rods? Locally? Just curious.. I'll order it soon, have to put a deposit down and wait about a year or so.. maybe longer..

I've cast more than a few bamboo spey rods. Some older.. some new ones and love the new ones.

Thanks!
Bill

Dave Westburg

Fish the classics
Forum Supporter

I'm going to get one of these rods, have talked with David recently and will get a 13' rod.. his work is beautiful..

I'm going with a semi-parabolic taper and considering a burnt finish.

Does anyone have one of his rods? Locally? Just curious.. I'll order it soon, have to put a deposit down and wait about a year or so.. maybe longer..

I've cast more than a few bamboo spey rods. Some older.. some new ones and love the new ones.

Thanks!
Bill
Are you buying the rod he calls the Redwood -13' for a 9/10 weight? Looks intriguing. A nice rod to throw a mid belly line. Would be run to try this rod side by side with my Sharpes 12' spliced 8/9 and my Sharpes 13' spliced 9/10. The Sharpes work well with mid-belly lines.

flybill

Life of the Party
Are you buying the rod he calls the Redwood -13' for a 9/10 weight? Looks intriguing. A nice rod to throw a mid belly line. Would be run to try this rod side by side with my Sharpes 12' spliced 8/9 and my Sharpes 13' spliced 9/10. The Sharpes work well with mid-belly lines.
Yes for sure