Astoria this weekend???

Chad D.

Smolt
Duplicating my post from them other spots, simply for exposure.

Hi fellas. I was just told to be in Astoria for salmon Saturday and Sunday. Would love to be tuna fishing, but tough to pass up a work related trip with a great supplier.

Getting there is easy. I’d really like to drag my RV up Friday afternoon and head home Sunday, but can’t find a place to park! quick online search shows everything RV park related is full.

Anyone have an empty lot or know of a moderately decent place I can set up for two nights? Self contained, clean, nearly new 25’ travel trailer. I’ll be up Friday evening, and gone most of Sat/Sun. Out Sunday evening when we get off the boat.

Definitely willing to pay for a spot with cash or whiskey…. Just having a tough time finding anything! Would be sweet to be within 15-30 miles.

PnwChrome

Fishing with Big Mike
Forum Supporter
Hammond has empty spots, right next to the boat launch , I will be there the following weekend, it's dry camping so bring your generator, they have showers and bathrooms by the fish cleaning station.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Call ahead and see if Hammond has spots this weekend. Since buoy 10 is underway finding a spot to camp gets really tough.

Chad D.

Smolt
Call ahead and see if Hammond has spots this weekend. Since buoy 10 is underway finding a spot to camp gets really tough.

Sounds like I’ve got a few options that may pan out.

Hammond near the bot launch
Skipanon Marina near Tackle Time
Potentially a private lot

I will bring my generator to make coffee and run the chamber vac. Otherwise, I’m fully self sufficient for a weekend. Plenty of water for showers and poops. Whiskey cabinet stocked.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I'll be launching out of Hammond Friday. Maybe we'll cross paths when I come back in with a boat load of tuna.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I'll be launching out of Hammond Friday. Maybe we'll cross paths when I come back in with a boat load of tuna.
Awww shit, look what he just said!
Good luck, Evan!

Chad D.

Smolt
OK. Called and chatted with Jessica at the Warrenton Marina. First come, first serve at both Warrenton and Hammond, so I'm rolling the dice. I also called the Klaskanine River RV Park for availability. He can get me dry camping, but it's a ways out of town... Prefer to be near the action if it's just me for a couple days of fishing. Quiet and remote is second choice...

PnwChrome

Fishing with Big Mike
Forum Supporter
What I have observed both places have not filled to capacity in a couple of years, last weekend both parks was not even 25% filled

Chad D.

Smolt

Think I may split out of town a little earlier on Friday than I was planning. I'll give Hammond a shot first and see if I can get parked. If you see some fella wearing a lime green body suit and wooly chaps and sparkle boots hanging out by a root beer brown Tundra, please let me know. He (they) have been known to show up on occasion when I camp.

I'll look around for The Niño.