NFR Any R/C folks here?

Non-fishing related

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Being I have been in a wheel chair for the past couple years I have gotten into radio control flight and cars. It allows me to stay connected with my girls even though I cant chase them around yet. Anyone out there into it also? I am working on a really nice sail plane right now.

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
I use to be. I have stuff a few R/C Cars. Raced on a track in Kent when it was around that a buddy owned. Now,... I would like to find a good home for the stuff.

troutstalker

Born to Fish...Forced to Work
Forum Supporter
That's cool. I used to be into it as well. I had a helicopter, rock crawler and a nitro buggy. I got tired of driving to Hobbytown every other day for parts for the helicopter so I have touched that now for a few years. I still have the nitro buggy but haven't even started it up for about a year or so. I should get it out one of these days and run it for a while.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
One of the reasons I wanted to move south is cause Tacoma R/C raceway is close to me and my daughter is 20 now and I am always looking for ways to stay, "buds". Plus around the buddies r/c cars and alcohol is such a good time.

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
I am! Been off and on for the past 20yrs, gas, electric, gliders, helis, planes, drones... I tried it all pretty much.
Starting to get back into it, mainly small micro backyard or indoor planes. I'm pretty busy so trying to keep it simple.
What sailplane are you working on? I love the grace and beauty of those things.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I am! Been off and on for the past 20yrs, gas, electric, gliders, helis, planes, drones... I tried it all pretty much.
Starting to get back into it, mainly small micro backyard or indoor planes. I'm pretty busy so trying to keep it simple.
What sailplane are you working on? I love the grace and beauty of those things.
Its a standard 2 meter glider. I picked up the kit version so it gives me something to do

1643914422774.png

https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/tori-2m-ep-glider-rx-r/GPMA1819.html

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
That's cool. I used to be into it as well. I had a helicopter, rock crawler and a nitro buggy. I got tired of driving to Hobbytown every other day for parts for the helicopter so I have touched that now for a few years. I still have the nitro buggy but haven't even started it up for about a year or so. I should get it out one of these days and run it for a while.
Flew a small heli for awhile, and also got tired of buying parts for a craft that's challenging to control (for me anyway). I have a cheap racing drone and (as you no doubt know) drones are much more forgiving since the gyros, gps, and computer do the real work.

Thinking of upgrading to a more sophisticated drone platform for aerial photography, now that I'm retired.

Adrian M

Steelhead
I once had a traxxas slash 2x4. it was super fun. sold it for fly fishing gear. haha. I'll get back into again sometime.