A skunk and a Redneck

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Glad to see this thread ignited. Can we add irresponsible ATV/Motorcycle idiots to the list of destroying the outdoor experience? I was fishing a small, out-of-the-way stream in Alberta, CA on a favorite evening pool with some rising cutties supplying plenty of action on the EHC. Out of nowhere comes a quad ATV with two couples. Instead of taking a nearby bridge these clowns ran right through the pool I was enjoying! There were no campsites near by and only a road that continued over the bridge that they eventually got back on. As far as I could tell the bridge was structurally sound. Even if the bridge was an issue, they could have easily crossed in shallower water in another 50 ft or so. I generally hate to hear ATV/Motorcycle sounds, period, but don't make much of a fuss over it. I now have a very negative view of these folks in general and associate them with many of the posts in this thread.
I rank personal water craft up there as one of the more annoying creations on our waters. I was pole pushing my friends boat up a narrow channel, he was on the bow sight casting to carp when two of these blankety blank things came roaring around the back side of the channel. I tried to wave them off but they kept coming and blasted by right where DK was casting. Carp? Gone. In hindsight, DK shold have tried to a cast at the PWC drivers.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
National parks have taken a huge beating from the flood of the ignorant. Everything from idiots jumping out their cars to chase a sow bear and two cubs, to getting gored by bison and buffalo, to hard boiling your appendages in thermal springs because you frigging don't believe it's real...

Then we have the stargazers who inundated Mt. Rainier recently.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
National parks have taken a huge beating from the flood of the ignorant. Everything from idiots jumping out their cars to chase a sow bear and two cubs, to getting gored by bison and buffalo, to hard boiling your appendages in thermal springs because you frigging don't believe it's real...

Then we have the stargazers who inundated Mt. Rainier recently.

While those guys are trampling the meadows the rest of the population is trampling the rest of the planet.

BriGuy

Life of the Party
While those guys are trampling the meadows the rest of the population is trampling the rest of the planet.

Don't worry. The AI-driven robots will kill us all soon enough.