Search results

1. K

salmon restoration

On the lucky few that do return at 5 or 6 years old, is there data on how much those fish have decreased in size? Ive been curious about that. I know few are allowed to get to that age, but thats a seperate issue....an issue that seems so widely known now that its maddening nothing is done...
  2. K

Dismal on the 'Duc - Coho management failure

I think we are all just grasping for straws, wishing for any ending other than the one thats coming.... The Queets, one river you listed as an exception. When it keeps missing escapment for steelhead, i never hear why. When its the constraining coho stock, i never hear why.The habitat seems as...
  3. K

I’d love to know more about this too. In my goings in forks I’ve heard of it being asked for by certain tribes. Talking winter steelhead. I’ve heard of it being offered by guide groups. But all hearsay. I’d support it, it’s a tiny amount of money for wild winter steelhead. The catches are small...
  4. K

Turkey Day Steelhead

Reading Samish Gold blew my mind….
  5. K

The poor Queets just gets hammered. Arguably the best habitat left out there and yet the steelhead and coho are constraining stocks year after year…..
  6. K

Its really concerning. I fished 12 days out there on the lower duc,bogie and the quilleute from oct 11 to nov 3. Mostly floating the quilleute. Worst coho numbers ive seen. Personally i dont think netting in low water alone accounts for the lack of fish, seeing the numbers are weird coast wide...
  7. K

Snohomish/Skykomish get screwed

I’m just trying to understand this…Is there a concern of catching wild fall Snoqualmie Chinook, in the Skykomish in a spring and early summer fishery? Like is that actually a thing? I understand closing the snohomish, just trying to learn the justification of closing the sky.