Search results

1. skyrise

Cheap-ass winter stick. TFO Pro II, 11'6" 7/8. Question...

Can you go to a nearby fly shop and see if they have any fly lines you can try out ? Don’t most good fly shops have test lines for customers to try ?
  2. skyrise

Run Etiquette

Got no problem fishing with gear guys. In front, behind or along side. Only ones that it might not work with is guys pulling plugs. But id be willing to try it. Heck hand me a drift rod and I will join them. I just wish I could fish my fly as good over on that far bank that’s 8-10 feet deep with...
  3. skyrise

Mini Kauai trip report.

Nothing to complain about there. Nice papio. Especially for just a day or two being out. What flies worked for you ?
  4. skyrise

Puget Sound

I seem to remember some on here reporting good catches of rezzie/searun out around the Kingston to PA and straights last summer ? Along with the incoming ocean fish. Didn’t see much of them around the north 9/8 areas until July into August ? But by then reports of all age class salmon were...
  5. skyrise

Petition to amend and repeal 2023-2024 winter steelhead season on the Olympic Peninsula

The “Fact” is there are a few anti fishing/hunting people in this state that want it shut down. Just look at those the governor has put on the wildlife commission. And then there is the same going on an across our nation. See the last issue of the CCA magazine. Great write up by Bill Shed. Do...
  6. skyrise

Petition to amend and repeal 2023-2024 winter steelhead season on the Olympic Peninsula

This is simply another in a long list of attempts by those who see themselves as Better/ smarter and Superior to everyone else. It’s happening on the hunting side also. Shutting down fishing & hunting to have a look but don’t touch for any outdoor experience.
  7. skyrise

2024 Skagit Steelhead

Again I’d like to thank all the folks who put the time and effort to “Occupy “ and raise awareness so we “All” have this opportunity to enjoy one of our many Freedoms like standing knee deep in cold running water just to play with string and hook. Thanks.
  8. skyrise

Nextcast Core 30

How do Nexcast lines compare to Bridge lines ? Or is it just too much personal preference as it usually is with spey lines ? And do any of you all keep fishing your Rage line in the winter ? Have read that some do with lighter tips. Maybe not a bad idea with the low water we’re having now.
  9. skyrise

Kona A-Bay Areas - February 2023

Bring your rods (in tubes) on board and put all your fly’s & lures in your checked bags with your reels, plier, knives, hook files, and anything sharp. Tabis work in the sand or if you have tough feet otherwise buy cheap sneakers or dive booties or flats shoes. my 2 cents worth.
  10. skyrise

What’s Going on at Reiter Ponds

Another reason to join CCA and support Hatchery Wild Co Exist. According to some of the guys at Snohomish/Skykomish facebook page they are cleaning Reiter and reorganizing with the Wallace hatchery (Wallace hatchery doing much better job lately in my opinion) on winter steelhead rearing. Makes...
  11. skyrise

Nextcast Core 30

Any fly shops up north here carry Nexcast ? And would this “Coastal” cast like a commando head ?
  12. skyrise

salmon restoration

Then you have the so called restoration work on the lower Snohomish River which looks good driving by at 60 mph, just don’t look upriver at the apartments and hotels and developments for amazon & others. But boy the worthless politicians love to take credit for saving salmon. Just like they all...
  13. skyrise

Petition: Statewide Protection of Resident Forms of Wild Steelhead

This is Total Bull Shit and a Lie. They want complete control with almost all rivers shut down year round. Note: No spring bear hunts, no cougar hunts trying to shut down hatcheries its all about the Elites (wsc, others) shutting us Anglers out from rivers then saltwater. Fight this garbage at...
  14. skyrise

Puget Sound

Sadly this Disease has now Infected the Snohomish system. Closing a whole river basin including 6 different rivers because someone might, Might encounter a Chinook ? ? Plus the icing on the cake is we have the best coho return in 10+ years !! Look out Skagit River they will come up with some...
  15. skyrise

Salty Chums

Maybe the Pacific Angler in Vancouver might have some info on it ?
  16. skyrise

Regulation change for fly only water rivers only

Exactly. Just look at who gets put on the fish & wildlife commission. The devil in the governor office only cares about keeping the extreme left happy and the legislature follows along not caring at all about sport fisheries . Commercial fishing yes because they contribute to reelection funds...
  17. skyrise

Polyleader question

Mike Frodin video on YouTube he calls basically an Albright knot. For attaching a leader to a fly line with no loop at the end. If you try it make sure to double over a bit long. This will give you room to cut the tag where you like and or cover over with UV cure so the leader doesn’t get hung...
  18. skyrise

How "Humpy" PS populations have changed.

Curt, what about the yearly pink returns on our neighbors to the north ? Is this due to much bigger & better stream environments ? Though I do read of yearly fluctuations from up north. And one would think with such a large and mostly intact stream environment that the Skagit would have maybe...
  19. skyrise

Ocean Coho Leaders

And there is the Mad river youtube video on how they make their own loops in fly lines for guys like Flip Pallot etc. They use 10lb maxima for the knots. maybe I should have tried that method last year on my OBS when i had to make a new loop instead of using mono chord thread ?
  20. skyrise

Siberian Shrimp Patterns Please

Maybe using the Mantis shrimp patterns from the tropics as a starting point ?