Search results

1. R

Tippet Lies

I've used rio fluro flex plus in 2x ( they call it something else now) for years now and always thought it was pretty good stuff. What do you like?
  2. R

What's your favorite dry or emerger Callibaetis pattern?

Around 12 to 14". I tie the PT with no extra weight so it doesn't sink too far. I'll never get tired of seeing that parachute disappear.
  3. R

What's your favorite dry or emerger Callibaetis pattern?

I fish the hatch on Hebgen Lake and have had the best luck with a flashback pt nymph dropper under a callabaetis colored parachute. I've met a few fishermen there who consider that beneath them, like it's cheating. Call me a cheater, I don't care, it works very well.
  4. R

Old Guy question

A few years ago I started tying Royal Wulffs with a white poly wing instead of calf body hair. So much quicker and easier.
  5. R

Christmas Break

Solid fish. Extra points if you caught it on a dry!
  6. R

MT High Alpine Lakes

I should add that some of the lakes near the top of the Beartooth Highway involve very little elevation gain. Some of the high lakes have a lot of small brookies in them. They're all beautiful.
  7. R

MT High Alpine Lakes

The first week in July is a little early most years, although with our meager snow so far it may be all right this year.
  8. R

Goodnews River Alaska Float

You must be living right! Super photo of the eagle.
  9. R

Bass poppers and weedguards

Those both look nice. Have you tested them in the weeds? I'm trying to come up with a way to use a large jig hook with a soft foam popper head for bass.
  10. R

Bass poppers and weedguards

I'll be tying some bass bugs and smaller foam bodied bugs for bluegill this winter and would like to have some that are least weed resistant. Has anyone experimented with using material on the fly itself as a weedguard. Bucktail comes to mind. Or is that not stiff enough? I should mention that...
  11. R

2023 Bluegill/Crappie/Sunfish showoff thread

The biggest one I've caught for sure. Caught in Iowa early last summer. Fat one full of eggs!
  12. P5240915.jpeg

P5240915.jpeg

13. R

Train Derails Into Yellowstone River

Local news said that the train was carrying asphalt and sulphur. A railroad bridge collapsed.
  14. R

Warmwater road trip

I've lived in SW Montana for 50 years now, but moved here from North Carolina when I was a young man. I've had some phenomenal trout fishing over the years, a lot of it done while backpacking, but I still get nostalgic about the bass and bluegill fishing of my youth. My 13 year old grandson...
  15. P6111064.jpeg

P6111064.jpeg

16. IMG_9949.jpeg

IMG_9949.jpeg

17. IMG_9929.jpeg

IMG_9929.jpeg