Search results

1. WindKnot

East Lake

Just got back from an annual camping trip to East Lake. Family activities like biking, swimming, s'mores, hot springs, and trips to the resort for ice cream tended to compete with fishing opportunities, but I ventured out when I could. I've only fished this lake in August (obviously not ideal...
  2. WindKnot

Urban bass close to home

I love fishing. I think about it all the time. I'm constantly scouring the map for new places and reminiscing about favorite haunts. For some reason, these thoughts are always of places far away. I have a spot very close to my house that I go sometimes. It's close enough I can even walk there...
  3. WindKnot

Ugly fly, tiny fish, and what are these long worms?

Headed out to a thin blue line in SW Washington yesterday evening. I love fishing I small dry flies in places like this, but I often find my dry flies sink after a while, even with generous floatant and various methods of drying off. I hastily tied a few flies before my trip, including one...
  4. WindKnot

My first steelhead on a fly!

Got a text the other evening from a friend who had an open seat on his drift boat. He was targeting summer steelhead on a well-known west side stream with a robust hatchery program. I've caught a fair number of steelhead on gear, but always wanted to get one on a fly. Problem is I am a...
  5. WindKnot

Quick trip chasing smallmouth

Had a few hours off yesterday and headed to a spot to look for some smallmouth. Rain was off an on, and fishing seemed a bit slow, but connected with some decent fish at consistent intervals to keep it fun. Tried a handful of things, but all fish came on an unweighted white wooly bugger with a...