Search results

1. Trout Trekker

Non-Fly Switching treble to single hook on small kastmaster

This section is one of the things I find most refreshing about this website. ;) If I was so inclined and not nearly so lazy, I could put together a conversion chart of Siwash hooks for KM's, Rapala F's. SR's and S, Roostertail's, Mepps, etc. which makes me sound like a real dirt bag gear guy (a...
  2. Trout Trekker

Non-Fly Switching treble to single hook on small kastmaster

Josh, For a 1/8 oz. KM I use a Gamakatsu #8 Siwash (stock # 10006).
  3. Trout Trekker

Intermediate Line

Yes it is. I read that earlier today and thought it was worth saving for those who may ask in the future. I've taken some heat over the years for carrying and using them in some saltwater situations, often thought to be the domain of floating lines. Regionality and custom are hard nuts to...
  4. Trout Trekker

NFR Humor

5. Trout Trekker

NFR Humor

6. Trout Trekker

NFR Humor

7. Trout Trekker

Go to lake fly?

Really a tough call. # 8 Peacock Bugger.
  8. 1712592986305.jpeg

1712592986305.jpeg

9. Trout Trekker

vices?

Vices? Yes, :unsure: I have a few, but that's a subject for another thread. For fly tying I'm still using my 1990 Dyna King Professional C-clamp with standard and midge jaws. Broke the original standard jaws around '96 and haven't had any other "operator error" mishaps since. Solid unit.
  10. Trout Trekker

Truthful Pyramid Lake Report

Ifsteve great honest report. Thank you. To clear something up that was mentioned in this thread regarding the use of milk crates. 15.6 USE OF LADDERS, ETC. Any ladders, milk crates, boxes or other objects used in the water as a fishing aid must be occupied or closely attended (i.e. remain...
  11. Trout Trekker

Wet Flies for Lakes

Always with me for stillwater Trout: Partridge and Orange tied with a natural hare's mask dubbing ball aft the hackle and tied on a 1XL wet/nymph hook. #12-14 Light Hendrickson #12. Stillwater Trout where Callibaetis are found, after the hatch if the wind is blowing. DOA duns get blown over...
  12. Trout Trekker

NFR Bah Humbug

Take your pick. Vs.
  13. Trout Trekker

NFR Passing Cars Correctly with Space

I've wondered about this and why some tailgate so close on a four or six lane, that you can't see their hood and I've come to my own idea on why they do it. I think it's because, it's there behind the wheel where they can act out a sense of control over their own destiny and that of others...
  14. Trout Trekker

SFR Fishing Foods (food near fishing)

Try McSafeway's, they're all over the place. ;) We sometimes car camp and run into the nearest town for eats. Since many of those towns only have a burger joint or a hole in the wall the serves soda cracker crust pizza, we often turn to the local grocery stores deli section for dinner. If you...
  15. Trout Trekker

Advice for kicking through thick lily pads in a tube?

What's the bottom like? If it's not soft. Try making a push pole out of 8' of 1" Schedule 40 pvc add a cap to one end, add a lanyard to the other. Use it between your legs and use your fins atop the water for direction. :unsure:
  16. 1690828377168.png

1690828377168.png

17. Trout Trekker

Well crap....

This is one of my all-time favorites. Note the headlight is still working. Maybe the makers of taillights for boat trailers could get a few pointers on how to make a watertight submersible fixture. How 'bout them DieHard batteries!
  18. Lights work..jpg

Lights work..jpg

19. Trout Trekker

NFR Humor

20. Kung Fu Bunny a.jpg

Kung Fu Bunny a.jpg