Search results

1. J

YT in the PNW

I'd like to know what piece of water you shot that SRC snorkeling video in. Just out of idle curiosity, of course. :cool:
  2. J

WA non-profits trout related.

Roper, I would ask that you consider Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing. As you may know, we are dedicated to the physical and emotional rehabilitation of disabled active military service personnel and disabled veterans through fly fishing, fly tying, rod building and associated activities...
  3. J

2024 Skagit River Speyapalooza

Interesting. This is the same date FFI is doing their Casting Fair in Mountlake Terrace.
  4. J

fishing rabbit strip flies

My vote would be #2. I don't think it would take more than 10-15 minutes for a bunny leech to become fully waterlogged. I know I get tired and sloppy at some point, so I strip in some shooting line and make shorter casts to refocus. If you're doing mostly single spey, you're actually getting...
  5. J

Puget Sound Fly Shop Anniversary

Saturday, 2 March from 10am to 3pm, Matt Klaiber will be hosting an open house to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Puget Sound Fly Shop. There will be several rod building reps, fly tying demos from Charles St. Pierre, and free BBQ vittles by Jerry Daschofsky. Stop in and see what...
  6. J

Spey Bros

I heard the other day that he's living in Idaho now. He's still doing videos for Far Banks and the locations look Idahoish.
  7. J

Les Johnson's Fly-Fishing Coastal Cutthroat Trout

Thank you very much for your support. I've sent you a PM with the next step.
  8. J

Tropical Water Flies?

The flies have been spoken for. Thanks everyone for helping out.
  9. J

Yes, if someone is interested in the book, we'll work out the details.
  10. J

Tropical Water Flies?

I'm not a tropical water angler, so I don't know the worth of these flies. Make me an offer. They were received in a donation, so I prefer the payment be made as a donation to Project Healing Waters. $10? $20? $50? You tell me what's fair.
  11. J

Hard cover signed edition of Les Johnson's Fly-Fishing Coastal Cutthroat Trout. Excellent like new condition. This was received in a donation, so I'd prefer the buyer make a donation to Project Healing Waters rather than paying me. I feel a donation of between $75 and $100 would be...
  12. J

Big Fish Flies

Thanks all, the flies are taken. Still have the rod holder that needs a home.
  13. J

Big Fish Flies

I'm in the Elk Plain area near Bethel high school. I received some flies in a recent donation that my folks won't use. I'm thinking these are for big trout or bass. There are probably 25-30 flies in the pile. More big flies. Musky? There are 15 total in two sizes. Magnetic rod holder...
  14. J

Support for Veterans

As Veteran's Day is upon us, we are asking you to join us in supporting a noble cause. The Joint Base Lewis-McChord program of Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing is asking for your contribution to a fundraising effort to help wounded flyfishing veterans in the local area. Whether you donate $5...
  15. J

Anyone missing a "Fly Fishing Rod" (NIB Burkie 8134-4)

Should be easy to call Kerry and give him the serial number to see if original buyer's name matches seller's.
  16. J

Switch vs spey recommendation

I recommend practicing the Roll Cast and the Switch Cast. The Roll Cast is the basis of the power stroke for every cast, and the Switch Cast will help you develop your D-loop. It's incredibly important that the D-loop is in line with the anchor and target. You can have your anchor in the...
  17. J

Thank you for your service question.

When I'm thanked for my service, I simply reply with, "Thank you for your support." I watched a presentation by a veteran's group about this subject, and one combat veteran said he hated being thanked. He saw the horrible aftereffects of his actions in the war and did not want to be thanked...
  18. J

What flavor of weirdness do you have?

I have a particular tying weirdness, but my wife discourages me from discussing it in public.
  19. J

How can ya tell

I believe, technically, if it hasn't been to sea, it cannot be considered a steelhead. But the bios here may correct me.
  20. J

Brown Recluse Spider Western Washington

Caused tennis elbow.