Search results

1. R

What's in your vise?

Snuck tying one up in before work and finished during lunch. Been into this color since just getting the tan grizz hen
  2. IMG_5479.jpeg

IMG_5479.jpeg

3. IMG_5478.jpeg

IMG_5478.jpeg

4. R

What's in your vise?

Ginger changer. Nest I’ll move onto the things that will actually catch fish… clousers haha
  5. IMG_5474.jpeg

IMG_5474.jpeg

6. R

What's in your vise?

Fleein minnow pattern. Haven’t fished it yet but wanted to try a downsized version (compared to original).
  7. IMG_5470.jpeg

IMG_5470.jpeg

8. R

Favorite bass rod weight, what you got?

8wt for me. If it’s windy or throwing larger or wind resistant flies, it works well. Can still make it be a little more subtle with low and or clear water by lengthening leader. Fishing river smallmouth (most of what I do), it works for the flies and also give that extra leverage for fish as...
  9. R

What's Catching You Fish?

Fishing was slow overall but peanuts were getting eats this weekend.
  10. IMG_5094.jpeg

IMG_5094.jpeg

11. R

vices?

Interesting to see the variety of preferences here. I used to use a regal and loved it but decided to go a different route. I have a renzetti traveller and I like it well enough for traveling but at home I prefer a clamp vs pedestal base. Currently using dyna king trekker. Surprised at how...
  12. R

What's in your vise?

Thanks. In this instance the white is ep crustaceous brush. All the others are stacked Congo hair (kinda like tying a kinky muddler). I like the Congo hair much better as it’s easier to get the density and shape you want.
  13. R

What's in your vise?

more peanuts. Finished the head on the bottom left, see second pic. Not sure I like it but gunna fish it and see what it looks like before I cut it off and redo (for the fifth time)
  14. IMG_5071.jpeg

IMG_5071.jpeg

15. IMG_5054.jpeg

IMG_5054.jpeg

16. R

2-Piece Rods

Agreed. I have 2,3, and 4 pc rods. The older rods you could tell the difference but not so much anymore. Like I have some of the old st croix clouser rods. The 2pc is much softer than the 3pc but I like them both, just with different lines. I’d likely buy more 2 pc rods if more were available.
  17. R

What's in your vise?

Another peanut. My favorite color combo… well one of em.
  18. IMG_5033.jpeg

IMG_5033.jpeg

19. R

Brush Table?

Interesting point about spinning both ends. I knew my process worked ok enough but it wasn’t as good as a store bought brush and figured it may be due to spinning each end. Thanks for the tip.
  20. R

Brush Table?

Basically like this but I modified it a bit.