Search results

1. P

NFR Hockey 23/24 Season

doesn't matter who plays or coaches. gary bettman and his handpicked referees decide who wins the cup
  2. P

Book recommendations?

nick lyons is an author to check out.
  3. P

Storing bamboo fly rods

i just stuff mine in a corner in 5 gallon pails so my wife cant tell how many i really have.
  4. P

The Last Guide

there is a book about him. read it a few years back. quite a life.
  5. P

The oldest rod you regularly use?

my 8642 granger deluxe. love those grangers
  6. P

Unsticking bamboo ferrules

i had the problem once and had to cut up the rubber mat in my truck. now i carry two or three sets of rubber pads in all my fish bags, boat bags, vests etc.
  7. P

What's your favorite rod?

granger 8642. just upgraded from my champion to a deluxe.
  8. P

If you had to choose just one...

another vote for the 8642 granger.
  9. P

Phillipson 9' 7 weight

nice looking rods for sure. my 8642 granger has been my go to rod for most of my fishing but i did pick up an 8040 special that i plan to try out this year. i have a couple of other 4 wts that i don't use that often because of wind or bigger water but want to give this one a try.
  10. P

Phillipson 9' 7 weight

i have to say my favorite length in bamboo is 8 1/2 ft. granger 8642 and phillipson premium although i prefer the granger. had a 9050 granger that i passed on to my son because i wasn't that fussy on it. have two heddon 9 foot 2 1/2 ferrule rods ( one is a trade rod) that i use for bigger water...
  11. P

Rod ID question

the reel seat says union hardware to me. cris
  12. P

Phillipson 9' 7 weight

dave. any idea how this would compare to a heddon 9ft 2 1/2 ferrule.
  13. P

Any BOO fans out there?

i have just over a dozen between 7 feet and 9.5 feet mostly refinished blue collar rods from the 1940 's. a couple finshed from dennis stone blanks. try to fish them all but do prefer 8.5 feet.