Search results

1. W

Bobber fishing rod? What'cha using?

I use the same 6 wt rod for everything, a V2 Scott and just 3diffeent lines, a WF floater, a sink tip, and a type 5 full sinking line. And surprise surprise I seem to catch fish just fine and generally as well or better than other around me. I guess refuse to buy into the manufacturers hype...
  2. W

Run Etiquette

I have kind of a different take on fishing runs. If I am first in and someone shows up and it is a kind of long run, a couple of hundred yards or so I will say like why don't you drop in about half way down and if I catch up t6o you I will leap frog and we can work our way down the river this...
  3. W

NFR What Are You Reading

Just finished "Second Murder" by Denise Mina, a Scottish author. She does a good job of re-creating Philip Morrow for those of you who like some of the old time gumshoes. I like Morrow the original and Mike Hammer too. Therse old detective novels have quite a different approach than hose...
  4. W

NFR Got any mammal pictures

There use to be a den below the lookout at Wahluke on the Columbia river is past years. May or may not still be there. It has been nearly 18 years since I hunted on the ridge above Hanford. And since I am on the topic of Wahluke just curious did you use hunt there Jim F ? Dave
  5. W

College Football 2023

Just curious, but do these NIL prima donnas get to keep their scholarships that are worth around $40 to $50 thousand a year for five years? And how much income tax and other fees and such are they liable for like social security etc? I would assume they are independent contractors and need...
  6. W

Planned vs Reality of Lake Stocking #s - Large Discrepancy

Divad what I see reading between the lines is you are mot catching bigger fish and think you should catch them like you catch fresh pants. Well hold over fish a different game so change your tactics as almost every planted lake will have large hold overs. DAVE
  7. W

Recommended IPS for stillwater sinking line?

The type you use depends on what you want to do. If you want to fish a rising and sinking type of presentation by retrieving line then a type 3 would be a good choice. If wanting to stay deep then a 6 or 7 would be the call. Dave
  8. W

Peabody’s tackle shop

I welll remember Peabody's. Do remember the Egg House on Pac Hwy and about 148th. And then the Hiway Sport Shop on Pac Hwy and 160th. Dave
  9. W

SFR Pure unadulterated fun

Tom, I hope you get an enlarged, printed copy of this image and frame it for down the road. This is a classic for when they get older and remind you. Dave
  10. W

Help!! I'm hinge- ing

I resolved this issue switching to a 2X tapered leader adding no more than 18 inches of 3X tippet. A size 10 fly generally needs the heavier line to turn over correctly. Many flies down to 14 will except a 3X leader. If you go down to 4X then cut back the3X to about 14 inches and add 12...
  11. W

OP Closures

Divad, You have brought up dialysis treatments and federal funding for them. Several years ago the Feds decided that the Gov. would help pay for treatments due to the very high costs. One 4 hour treatment costs $5000 and a person generally needs 3 a .week. Do the math. Thats $60,000 per...
  12. W

NFR Humor

Divad do you understand what memorial day represents? DaVE
  13. W

NFR Humor

OK so what is the humor and who really cares about Budweiser"? If I feel like a beer Bud is my absolutely last choice and then I might just pass. Dave
  14. W

NFR Has anyone insulated their garage door?

You can paint the out side of the door a high gloss brilliant white and fill the recessed panels inside the frame work with foam sheeting, on the inside of the door. The frame if solid wood is a great insulator by itself. Dave
  15. W

What are you reading

Mercedes Coffin by Faye Kellerman is a good read for those who done it lovers. The book has a good pace and complex enough of a plot that provides a good read and keeps the readers interest . Dave
  16. W

WDFW Advertising for the WA Chinook Troll fishery?

I do not want this to be a political discussion but fish and game management is highly political in this state. Mods if this is offensive then dump it. Dave
  17. W

WDFW Advertising for the WA Chinook Troll fishery?

If I remember correctly WDFW has a mandate by the state to prioritize commercial fishing. It goes back to timber and fish built this state. I know that was then and this is now but a lot is still done by the terms and agreements of then. That's how it is until a different bunch of elected...
  18. W

NFR Classic Car Season

Early 70's my ride was a 65 Nova SS, black with red leather buckets. Powered with a 327 bored 30 over and a 283 crank, 202 heads and high compression pistons 13 to 1, a duel point duel coil ignition, 3/4 cam. headers and 4 on the floor. A Holley carb sat atop a high rise manifold but I don't...
  19. W

BLM and new mandate

Well congress has spoken and BLM is tart being more conservation aware. Restore habitat and stream beds and remove invasive species. I guess we will see how that all works out and how certain political favorites are favored. Money does talk so we will see how much the environment is...
  20. W

Getting too old for this hike 4/6/2023

Probably your age or a bit older. Going along at 75. Go to your GP and get a recommendation for a cardiologist and get an evaluation. Discuss your activity level, which is quite high for any age, and get some professional advice. Listen and evaluate and take your want to do and I can...