Search results

1. Dogsnfish

Non-Fly Bait casting setup for smallmouth on Snake?

I have started fishing a lot on the reservoirs behind the four Snake River dams when I cannot make it to my favorite trout or steelhead waters. I have a boat and bring along both fly and spinning gear, but want to get a bait casting setup. Looking for some advice on recommended baitcasting...
  2. Dogsnfish

Rod holder for boat

Hi, looking for fly rod holders for my boat. I have been using the Scotty 260's on my pontoon and float tube, but kind of scared to try them on my boat where we run from spot to spot at 30mph. Heard good things about the Folbe's, but they seem similar to what I have?
  3. Dogsnfish

Favorite rods for bass?

What are some of your favorite rods for bass? I was thinking about that when I was out the other day with a bass bug line and big mouse pattern. My other rod was rigged with a sink 6 and big streamer. Not throwing #16 caddis here! Just wondering what rods people like. I have been using 10'...
  4. Dogsnfish

Abel nipper 2

wow, I thought this was an April fool's joke, until I saw they won an award at the fly fishing gear show. $250, they are very proud of their product! https://www.wyomingflyfishing.com/Best-Fly-Fishing-Reels/Abel-Fly-Reels-Abel-Super-Series-Reels-Abel-Little-Nippers-Pliers-Hemostats/Abel-Nippers
  5. Dogsnfish

Exploring Hanford Reach by boat

Looking for advice on birding / sightseeing the Hanford Reach. Is this time of year good for that? My wife loves birding and looking for critters so thought we might make the drive over and launch our jet boat at Vernita. I used to work at the site way back when but have never seen it from...
  6. Dogsnfish

tippet for smallmouth?

Hope to get serious about smallmouth fishing on the Snake this year around Lewiston to fill in time between fall steelhead and summer trout. Is there a favorite type of tippet you recommend? I have my stuff for steelhead, 8 to 12# maxima ultragreen, and my tippet for trout, up to 3x in both...