Search results

1. R

Giveaway time (Seahawk contest)!

Wilson - 177 Smith - 109
  2. R

Found: TFO Rod Spokane

I found a TFO 9' 5wt full set up on the Spokane river last week. I let me know which section of the river you lost this rod on, something very specific about the rigging/set up of the leader, and I'll see that the rod is returned. -Anthony
  3. R

NFR Peanut Butter Recall - Damn I like PB

Thanks for the info! I just check and we have two affected Jif PB jars in the cupboard.
  4. R

Raft anchor

As the previous post stated, pay attention to where you drop anchor first! Buy longer rope then you think you need. A locking carabiner is a must. In my opinion a 11’ raft anchor should be between 15 - 25 lbs. I’ve been using the tornado anchor with great results, but do some research to what...
  5. R

Rivertrip Packing List

Silky saw https://www.amazon.com/Professional-BIGBOY-Folding-Landscaping-356-36/dp/B0014CA3JQ
  6. R

Never skip leg day

Also durning Covid I quit the gym. I would lift and play racquetball. I purchased a rowing machine and started using it 5 days a week. Figured it would serve two purposes, exercise and improved skills on the river. Also got a split board and started some back country work.
  7. R

A Smith River Odyssey

Right on!!! Happy to hear your trip was a success. I was watching the flows all last week thinking about how your float was going to be. Thanks for sharing! I will be bring my 13 year old with me as well, he can't wait!
  8. R

Smith River Questions

Well? Things are looking better for the July launch at least 🤔😁
  9. R

Smith River Questions

Good luck Deansie! I hope the best for you guys and looking forward to reading a trip report!
  10. R

Sprague Lake: not so good, but Amber

We got into fish on amber but it was slow. Still a bit early. Balanced leech’s worked well.
  11. R

Sprague Lake: not so good, but Amber

Cleaned the raft up from last fall (finally) and headed out to Sprague Lake. Never been there before and probably not going back. Luckily, Amber is a cool short drive away and to our surprise ice free. (There was a very small patch of ice in the shade but it was just about gone by 6 o'clock).
  12. R

Gorilla tape!!

As the guy that's "allowed" to install such items like this on aircraft, it works pretty well! ;)
  13. R

Smith River Questions

@MT406 and @Freestone Thanks for the info and congrats on the 2nd lottery! I am looking at a backup plan and either way will be fishing somewhere. I have already stated to get fliers in the mail for shuttle service and boat rental! :)
  14. R

Smith River Questions

Nice! I love check lists!
  15. R

Smith River Questions

Right On!!! thanks for the info and pics! I can't wait, even if the flows suck and it snows we'll have a blast! This past year has been difficult to say the least, and a trip like this is long over due! Also, a big tip of the cap to Montana State Fish and Game! The amount of info accessible...
  16. R

Smith River Questions

Right on! Be sure to let us know how it was, please.
  17. R

Smith River Questions

Thanks Swimmy, Looking at flows from last year, 1000 cfs to (150 - 200) cfs seems to be good?
  18. R

Smith River Questions

Thanks Derek! I got July 3 and my buddy got Sep 30. I'll do some more online research with the outfitters in mind.
  19. R

Smith River Questions

So, I "won" a Smith River permit for July this year, any advice would be great. Looking for recommendations on campsites, floating tech, and anything to make this a great trip. -Anthony