Search results

1. C

Total Eclipse!!! Awesome.... Experience of a lifetime!

I heard it was over two hours to drive the 3-4 miles from Sugarloaf down the access road just to get the highway, then another 2 hours to get the closest town 20 miles away.
  2. C

Total Eclipse!!! Awesome.... Experience of a lifetime!

It was pretty f’ing awesome in Northern Maine. It was nice to have clear skies, warm temps, and a total eclipse just happen to coincide where I live. I would definitely travel to see it again but not dealing with traveling was a nice treat.
  3. C

Snow Shred Season 23/24

Out east too. Just got 18 inches.
  4. C

2024 NOF

Can’t speak to mortality well after release but fly caught, non-netted released coho do pretty well imo. Can’t remember any floaters or damaged fish, and remember seeing floaters around gear anglers, especially in the early days of wild coho release offshore. Netting, bringing fish on board and...
  5. C

Snow Shred Season 23/24

Yesterday woke up to 14” of heavy snow. Hoping to beat the rain left early to skin up the mountain. Weather got wetter and wetter as I progressed until the ice pellets and 40mph winds stopped me from making the summit. Had one beautiful run down through some creamy mashed potatoes before it all...
  6. C

over-rated vs. under-rated

Overrated - Brown Trout Underrated - Coho on poppers… never enough
  7. C

over-rated vs. under-rated

Even better is catching a steelhead while skating dries for sea-run cutthroat with a 8.5’ 5 weight.
  8. C

Snow Shred Season 23/24

And on the other coast we finally started getting snow again after December’s record flooding. Yesterday’s five inches made everything soft and it’s amazing how much I feel like I know what I’m doing riding on softer snow than firm East coast snow. Coverage is starting to get good enough to...
  9. C

Dismal on the 'Duc - Coho management failure

I'm not sure the example of the Dungeness as improving is a good one with the huge amount of growth of the Sequim area really screws up the lower watershed which is critical to juvenile fish rearing. As for the Sol Duc and other rivers on the OP with large hatchery programs, all the high end...
  10. C

Snow Shred Season 23/24

8 inches of snow fell yesterday. Nice to feel soft, natural snow under the board. Made me almost feel like I knew what I was doing. Today will hit the groomers early and then it’s time to eat.
  11. C

Snow Shred Season 23/24

Jealous? 😄
  12. IMG_2990.jpeg

IMG_2990.jpeg

13. C

NFR Best concerts

Still some great shows available. Just saw two nights of Robert Glasper with Lupe Fiasco and Black Thought in NYC.
  14. C

Snow Shred Season 23/24

Snowguns are pumping and should be sliding on snow Friday.
  15. C

NFR NFL 2023 Season

And not enough money for sunscreen.
  16. C

NFR Best concerts

First Lollapalooza at the King County Fairgrounds was the first time I dropped at a large festival. Only real freak out was when a member of the Butthole Surfers pulled a shotgun and shot a blank for a sound effect. At least made the rain tolerable.
  17. C

NFR Best concerts

Remind me not to take acid at the sphere.
  18. C

NFR Best concerts

Go to a four day rock festival in Kentucky and everyone you’re describing will all of a sudden look pretty damn good.