Search results

1. M

Panama

I think they're the same fish... but what I do know is they make fabulous sashimi and ceviche.
  2. M

Belize

Another possibility that I have repeatedly done when staying out @ Glovers reef is to go out with one or two guys that are fishing for the resort or wanting fish to sell and bringing my 10wt. We anchor up in a channel and chum and things get crazy with jacks of all kinds, kingfish,black fin...
  3. M

Puget Sound

we've walked by it a few times and it is an oyster farm ...
  4. M

Advice needed for Lewis and Yellowstone Lakes

I thought there was some serious big fat brown trout fishing in that lake especially near the geyser basin end. We saw some hefty fish in the outlet that might have been spawning (late September)but since we were in danger freezing to death we kept paddling.
  5. M

Advice needed for Lewis and Yellowstone Lakes

We also canoed up to Shoshone but only made it about halfway before a snowstorm squished us and forced us to retreat. How was the fishing ? We intended to camp at geyser basin but it was impossible with the conditions i.e. sideways blowing snow and serious chop.
  6. M

The rest of the story

way back when I was a practicing hippie (1968) I lived in a tent on Frosty creek @ 4000 feet and used Aeneas lake as my bathtub... caught trouts in the San Poil..
  7. M

2022 Garden Thread

don't quit your day job....
  8. M

2022 Garden Thread

and they don't smell bad either if you like that sort of thing.
  9. M

2022 Garden Thread

another hummingbird oasis
  10. thumbnail (5).jpg

thumbnail (5).jpg

11. M

Got any bird pics?

this was an young orphan osprey rescued foundering at sea,brought to Glovers reef atoll Belize and surprisingly adopted by the resident osprey family. We spent 3 weeks there (again) watching this miracle recover and prosper.
  12. thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg

13. M

Got any bird pics?

thanks, it seemed strange to see them suddenly on our scabby lawn digging away, but not as strange as the otters screwing under an apple tree the other day after negotiating a 160 foot bank/drainage.
  14. M

Got any bird pics?

what do you think they're doing ? they act like robins almost, using they're beaks for either food or nesting material but up in the trees or on the suet the rest of the year.
  15. M

Got any bird pics?

I think it's a song sparrow, we have multiple nests in our yard.
  16. M

2022 Garden Thread

only different...... bought starts in Chimacum yesterday and wondering why today.
  17. M

Rod repair costs

if you can get them to answer the phone... or actually respond to multiple emails requesting a replacement blank... I was advised by someone who knows that this could take months and only if you persist.
  18. M

Rod repair costs

I have been told that as well and in fact had a truly ancient 2 piece 9 weight sage section replaced a few years ago, but this time they sounded skeptical and it's been nearly a week and still no response from the repair dept.
  19. M

Rod repair costs

I attempted to walk in last week with my rplxi 1090 that I had built for me at Patrick's .... with a broken tippet . And it's closed to the public in response to covid ... I was redirected to online repairs which I grudgingly emailed but so far no response and they haven't answered the phone...