Search results

1. I

SOLD Catchercraft freestone raft

Any road-trips to Montana in your near future?
  2. I

2023 Skagit/Sauk season is a go

Bingo bango, all data/science aside, this is really what it boils down to. The .orgs are nothing but environmental litigators funded by dudes and dudettes who barely fish.
  3. I

Weekend on the WA Coast

So sick! I've got an Explorer 42 and it has been a gamechanger for all things hunting/fishing.
  4. I

That's the problem though, this IS a legitimate fishery. Nothing about the run or forecast has changed, it's a bunch of taxpayer funded pencil pushers that feel zero repercussions for not doing their job, that are holding things up. If this isn't the biggest eye opener for all the bleeding...
  5. I

These newfangled computerized baitcaster reels... (Shimano SLX DC)

I've got a nice lil stash of Curados and am always on the hunt for more...none of them will ever have the DC feature. My formative years were spent at the back of my Dad's Lund in Northern Wisconsin picking backlashes out of an Ambassadeur round body while chucking Bull Dawgz and Suicks a...
  6. I

What do you do with your hot smoked salmon?

Smoked salmon Alfredo really is a fantastic combo.
  7. I

Experience with Cheeky Limitless Reels? Other Mid-Priced Options?

Lamson Guru. American made, won't blow up after a season. Still cheap
  8. I

Fellas, I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit disappointed that you're not all out fishing the Skagit system. No one on this forum is going out to bonk a wild fish, the season should have been open for damn near 6 weeks already. If I still lived in SnoCo...well, I'd be fishing the Sauk...
  9. I

Reminiscing about Roosters

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is better than dumping roosters over a good team of dogs. Looks like some great huntin' I use Mushers Secret on both my pups come late season, keeps their pads from cracking and prevents snow build up.
  10. I

Proposed Legislation: WDFW Commissioners To Receive Salary

Man, the idea of the current commissioners getting paid to screw sportsmen boils my blood. The precipitous decline for hunters specifically in WA started in 1996 when a citizens vote was used to ban hound hunting for predators, against the recommendation of agency biologists and the sportsmen...
  11. I

Proposed Legislation: WDFW Commissioners To Receive Salary

Quantifiably false that the commission is comprised of a majority of hunters and anglers. I know the exact number who identify as one or the other, and I'll give ya a chance to read up on the topic and enlighten yourself.
  12. I

Anyone have recent float intel on the Sauk from Darrington to the mouth? Couple massive high-water events since the last CnR season, wondering what kind of river we'll be workin with. Roadie with the Clacka back to Washington is damn near the most excited I've been in awhile, and I get excited...
  13. I

Hell yeah. I'll be there for a few weeks to get my fix in.
  14. I

FS Sage and G Loomis rods

These have been traded, thx
  15. I

whoa...

yup you are right. absolutely insane, and disgusting.
  16. I

whoa...

The average American consumes 1 credit cards worth of plastic every year... Disgusting. We threw out damn near every plastic utensil, container, etc. and use metal and glass everything. Plastics and seed oils...our generations smoking imho
  17. I

Proposed Coastal Steelhead Rules

I agree with your take on treaty/non-treaty effects on fishing being minimal at best. My point is that us non-treaty anglers seemingly give up ground every single year under the guise of helping the fish, while the tribes continue to net the rivers and we simply take it. The messaging is...
  18. I

Unfortunately, there's only 2 ways to go about doing it. 1) bilateral agreement to either disband or amend the treaty 2) one side unilaterally terminates, thus breaking the treaty, and all hell breaks loose (this was the US' default policy in the late 1800s that led to countless conflicts)...
  19. I

I should clarify that "the state" is in quotes repeatedly to indicate that I'm referring to government as a whole, not just WA state. That said, federal stances can absolutely be challenged by individual states, we see it more and more every day in the political arena. How many lawsuits have...
  20. I

Aquatic version of I-5 between Everett and Marysville