Search results

1. doublespey

Remember those WA Licenses --- and tip of the cap to WDFW

Remembered on Monday that my WA license expires on Sunday the 31st. Got online and paid for the new license, not really expecting that it would arrive in time. But I look in the mail today and sure enough, there it was! Thanks WDFW - that was faster than I expected :)
  2. doublespey

Public Service - Great deal on Winter Wader pants

I'm always looking for good deals on pants that work well in winter under breathable waders. Want to be able to walk into Forks Thriftway to buy supplies and not look like I'm wearing fleece pajama bottoms, then pull up to the Hoh or Bogie and don the waders without having to strip to my undies...
  3. doublespey

Styrofoam Coolers

Not really a 'pay it forward', but the wife has been ordering mailorder stuff and it comes in big styrofoam coolers insulated in dry ice. The coolers are nice and are well made. But they're filling up my garage and need to leave. If there's any interest, I can arrange pickup in the north...
  4. doublespey

WDFW Advertising for the WA Chinook Troll fishery?

Just watched King5 news @ 6:30 and there's a very nice ad where a lady from WDFW advocates for supporting the WA Troll fishery. Paraphrased, she basically says that these are families who have troll licenses have done this for generations, their fishery runs from May to August, the quality of...
  5. doublespey

RIver Shuttles

WIth the arrival cold weather my thoughts have turned to floating the OP rivers (Hoh, Bogie, Sol Duc). Once upon a time in a land far far away we created and maintained a list of current/reliable contacts for people running shuttles. Anybody have an up-to-date list?
  6. doublespey

WDFW's Bass Week

Lets celebrate Bass! Because hey, we've FUBAR'd management of every other species you'd want to fish for. ;)
  7. doublespey

The Empire Strikes Back

I've been keeping track of the "Remove the lower Snake River dams" issue for quite some time. 5 years ago it seemed like a pipe dream. But with politicians from both sides of the aisle supporting the proposition, it's come back front and center to our conservation discussions. I still didn't...
  8. doublespey

Spring Celebration of Flyfishing May 21st

On the Deschutes at Mecca Flats Campground. See the attached flier for details. This is a celebration of warmer weather and bigger bugs. There will be casting contests , Trout Spey, assorted demos and giveaways. No fees, just a fun informal gathering.