Holiday Fly Tying Contest ~ Stay Salty!

A chartreuse kinky muddler.
  2. IMG_0801.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

3. IMG_0803.JPG

IMG_0803.JPG

4. B

Avian Flu

The grocery stores in Alaska are having a difficult time getting eggs, and many stores don't have any. I guess ours all come from Washington.
  5. B

Riverstick Custom Wading Staffs

It’s many times better than my Simms.
  6. B

SBS from Scott P.

I really enjoy the SBS posts from Scott P. on the other site. I don't know if he is here but maybe someone who knows him could reach out and ask him to post here.
  7. B

Hypothetical question here....opinions?

I have been to lots of places like Argentina, Chile, Belize, Mexcio for roosterfish, and Louisiana for redfish. I have lived in Alaska for 45 years and I have been to lots of places here. There are still places I want to go but I won't list them. All of the places people have listed are...
  8. B

UV Resin

I am also allergic to solareze. I do like the Loon flow.
  9. B

FS Mako 9550 (10-12 Spool) and Orvis Superfine Glass

Are you the original owner?
  10. B

FS Mako 9550 (10-12 Spool) and Orvis Superfine Glass

That Mako is tempting!
  11. B

Ayakulik River, Kodiak Island - Solstice Kings

Nice report. FYI Ayakulik and Karluk are closed to fishing for kings (even catch and release) in 2022.
  12. B

Riverstick Custom Wading Staffs

I bought mine through the link on the other site. I love it. This is the best wading staff I have ever used.
  13. B

NFR PayPal question.

I never liked having my bank account linked on paypal. I just logged on and deleted my bank info.
  14. B

Alaska Float Fly Recs

If you go in the spring (June), dry fly fishing and leeches can be incredible. Then, in the rivers I fish many of the fish move back into the lakes. Rainbows will start moving in with the sockeye, but fresh sockeye kick the crap out of the rainbows so they can be hard to find. It is not until...
  15. B

Alaska Float Fly Recs

If you are fishing in late August, take beads for trout and dollies. The boxes in the previous post looks good the silvers.