Search results

1. cole_p

The good boat deal thread

Don’t have Facebook. Where is this and does it have a trailer? Edit: wait a minute it’s more expensive than they were new
  2. cole_p

What fishing are you dreaming of right now?

Maybe an August trip to WA’s best kept (maybe not) secret river. I’ll be between semesters. Would love to spend a week on that river wading and floating my Catchercraft.
  3. cole_p

Streamlining my boat options - NRS Slipstream 96??

that site is in Canadian dollars, 7350 would be 5,500 USD
  4. cole_p

Streamlining my boat options - NRS Slipstream 96??

Looks like they’ll release a 2 man 10’6”, 3 man 12’9” and 3 man 14’2” in 2024. https://aqoutdoors.com/search?q=nrs+slipstream
  5. cole_p

The good boat deal thread

They are going to release an updated version of their slipstream line in 2024. Hugely popular package. Wonder if they’ll increase the discount even more when that happens.
  6. cole_p

Catchercraft is Retiring

I've loved my freestone single man raft and it always gets comments at the boat ramp. Thanks for answering my questions even though I bought it second hand (from another member here, per your recommendation). Best of luck in retirement, enjoy it!
  7. cole_p

FS 2 Lines and 3 Fly Boxes

Bump
  8. cole_p

Tacky boxes are pending
  9. cole_p

Hi all. Thanks for looking. Selling a few items First up 2 lines I no longer need. Both are used but still in great shape and should be getting fished. Airflo SuperFlo Elite WF4F - $25 SA Mastery Infinity Taper WF6F - $40 Next are three boxes I don’t use. Umpqua mag box is new unused. Tacky...
  10. cole_p

Deals at online Retailers

Thanks for the heads up. I think I got the last one haha. Any large in my cart was on back order as was any number of smalls greater than 1. $6 for a sushi roll ain’t bad.
  11. cole_p

Let’s start a trout spey thread

Sweet Catchercraft. I have the same setup. Maybe a silly question but why do you have the rod pointed that direction vs having the handle in the rear?
  12. cole_p

Philosomophizing about fishing

Got back from our Montana trip and my brother and I also came to the same conclusion independently and now I’m seeing it here… spooky
  13. cole_p

single person raft ??'s

Btw, this guy did a nice review of a Watermaster and talks about packability. https://theflyfishingfilmmaker.com/2023/02/07/water-master-bruin-review/
  14. cole_p

single person raft ??'s

Freestone is my vote too. They offer three different frames including an extra packable frame for your Prius.
  15. IMG_5837.jpeg

IMG_5837.jpeg

16. cole_p

Scott Centric Micarta Reel Seat- saltwater safe?

Curious if anyone knows if the fancy reel seat Scott used in the centric is saltwater safe. Thinking of chasing SRC in the sound with one.
  17. cole_p

Cool Fish Pictures

18. IMG_2348.jpeg

IMG_2348.jpeg

19. cole_p

Beulah Guide Series II?

Anyone have any experience with this rod family? Thinking specifically about the 9ft 4wt for dries and some light nymph work. I’ll be fishing from a boat on the yak and wading other smaller/medium sized streams. I know folks love some of their other offerings. $350 seems like a good deal if...
  20. cole_p

Cleaning Cork - Magic Eraser

Neat tip! Also a pencil/pink eraser works great on lightly stained suede, not that anyone was asking